Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 looking for canada info >

looking for canada info

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

looking for canada info

Old 05-12-2004, 06:28 PM

Default looking for canada info

the wife and i are looking to take a trip to canada fishing. like the idea of the fly in to a cabin where we are are the only ones there. need info on the best as for the cost and the fish. any information would be very helpful.

thanks
Old 05-13-2004, 06:25 AM

Default RE: looking for canada info

Where in Canada are you thinkin'? I can recommend a few fly-ins in Ontario.
Walton's Kay-Vee lodge on Nagagami lake 800-756-3365 or Hearst Air -www.thefishingspot.com/hearst
Old 05-16-2004, 11:59 AM

Check out Wolloston Lake lodge in northern saskatchewan. I think they have a web site but ya might have to search a little for it. My buddy guides up there and the fishing is unreal. Pike 25 plus easy, plenty of walleye, big lakers and grayling.....Its a real great place probably the best in sask but i think its a little pricey. I would give it a shot if i were you....best of luck
Old 05-26-2004, 09:08 AM

we always go to morson lake of the woods and ussually hammer them we ussually catch 15-20 over 20 in. its fun
Old 05-30-2004, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try this.....

www.travelcanada.ca

Ron
Old 06-09-2004, 12:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Depends what you want in fish size. If your after huge fish a place like Wollaston is bar none the best choice for huge pike, but you won't be the only ones in camp and it will cost!! If your looking for quiet, good fishing, reasonable and nice time many lakes or camps would fit the bill. These offer limited facilities but quiet, decent fish in numbers, the price is an indicator to the quality(AKA how big) the fish are. To go in the middle a place like Cree Lake - Crystal Lodge will be about half the cost of Wollaston, has excellent laker fishing, very good pike and walleye fishing at fly outs (grayling is marginal with only one place to find this small sailed fish in this lake). You will not be the only party on the lake but less than Wolly(BTW at Wollaston to get the really good fishing you need to fly out as well, where you will be most likely the only group fishing at that time but will still be in a main lodge with several other guests-this is an extra cost to your baseline fare!!).

I have fished many areas in Saskatchewan, for best value with good quality fish Cree Lake is my choice. To just get away many in the Thompson Camp region north of laronge would be ok, fishing up in these parts is really good for walleye, smaller pike and some lakes offer smaller lakers in good numbers. Top notch would be a Selwyn or Wollaston both in facilities and quality.

You can checkout www.soa.ca for a list of Saskatchewan Outfitters(those who have websites should have links). Also www.fishingbug.com has some of the moderately priced camps in sask.