Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

rubber crawdads

Old 12-15-2003, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default rubber crawdads

I got a small lake I go to alot that's got a good population of bass in it. This lake is full of small blue gills. I fish 90% of the time with rubber worms and do pretty good with them. One thing I noticed when cleaning alot of the fish is they had small hard shell crawdads in their bellys. I to get some rubber crawdads and try them out. Any of you folks got suggestions.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:29 PM

Default RE: rubber crawdads

When I use soft plastic crawdads I go with a local company here in washington state who hand poures worms and craws, the name of the company is sniper lures they have a website you can order from.
When I am throwing a jig with a craw trailer I usually use the new strike king 3x super plastic craws they last so much longer then a normal plastic.
also the new superplastics float more then normal ones so if you use it on a split shot then the bait will be off the bottom some.

Thats just what I have confidence in and like to use.
Old 12-29-2003, 08:11 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: rubber crawdads

I use the storm ones. They seem to work really well. I suggest getting a few colours. Also, tear off one whole claw or at least a piece of one. You will get alot more hits as the fish perceive it as easy prey. Good luck and post some pics when you catch some.