Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Ice Fishing

Old 02-04-2022, 02:36 PM
Dominant Buck

We got a big dump of snow. That always kills the bite and makes getting around much more difficult.
Old 03-09-2022, 12:10 PM
Dominant Buck

I had a fun day and caught around 60 pounds of large yellow perch for my fish broker and caught a nice Lake Whitefish which was around 6 pounds. I invited her for supper...lol
Old 03-10-2022, 01:17 PM
Dominant Buck

Got another 60 pounds of perch and another Lake Whitefish. This one was about 5 pounds.
Old 03-11-2022, 11:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Another good day with 50 pounds of large yellow perch and 2 nice 5 to 6 pound Lake Whitefish.
Old 03-12-2022, 03:18 AM
Fork Horn

Just curios C I , how much do you get for these fish ? I've read up a little bit on this and saw anywhere from 2- 5 dollars a pound to the fish broker and 10-15 dollars a pound at the fish market . I've read that the local restaurants serve them as the premier fish dish in the summer . I laugh thing of the gazilions of perch we used to catch as kids both ice fishing and in the summer that we always threw back because nobody wanted to clean them . Oh and sunfish and bluegills were considered junk fish . Now I see lots of guys targeting them because they are delicious !

This must be a local thing around the big lakes in VT and New York . I have never see any of them on the menu or in a market around here in southern New Hampshire

Last edited by SportsmanNH; 03-12-2022 at 03:21 AM.
Old 03-12-2022, 06:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by SportsmanNH
Just curios C I , how much do you get for these fish ? I've read up a little bit on this and saw anywhere from 2- 5 dollars a pound to the fish broker and 10-15 dollars a pound at the fish market . I've read that the local restaurants serve them as the premier fish dish in the summer . I laugh thing of the gazilions of perch we used to catch as kids both ice fishing and in the summer that we always threw back because nobody wanted to clean them . Oh and sunfish and bluegills were considered junk fish . Now I see lots of guys targeting them because they are delicious !

This must be a local thing around the big lakes in VT and New York . I have never see any of them on the menu or in a market around here in southern New Hampshire
PM sent to you
Old 03-18-2022, 05:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Well we still have ice but the shore is shot. I'm calling it a season. I keep records and this end date is earlier than the average from the last 10 years that I have kept records. I could have planked on but was alone and decided it wasn't worth it.
Old 11-18-2022, 11:48 PM
Spike

Our lakes are just starting to freeze over
Old 11-19-2022, 01:39 AM
Dominant Buck

Rifle deer season is done for me and I filled my tag with a tasty 6 point. Season ends in a week then an off week before the 9 day muzzleloader season starts. Back bays should be frozen by then so it will be ice fishing until hopefully April.
Old 12-10-2022, 03:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Had some smoke on the water this morning. Air Temps way colder than the lake. I'll be ice fishing soon.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 12-10-2022 at 03:54 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.