Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Ice Fishing

Old 01-13-2022, 10:10 AM
JW
Super Moderator

I'm in a Stryker too. Request of my kids.

Jw

Old 01-13-2022, 01:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Getting my truck back tomorrow...finally. Now I can tow my wheeler and access the further hot spots.
Old 01-16-2022, 07:20 AM
Dominant Buck

Got my truck back so I can now take my wheeler. It has been very cold with wind chill in the minus 10 to 30 range so I havent fished in a few days. The lake in my backyard just froze so I might be able to get out in a day or two. Always get some slab yellow perch close to shore along my beach. Must be some fish there because I just saw 2 otters running over the new ice. Cool critters and it was fun watching them run and then slide on the smooth ice.
Old 01-16-2022, 07:55 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Say Frank
im sening a PM?

D
Old 01-16-2022, 09:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by JW
Say Frank
im sening a PM?

D
Got it Dave
Old 01-24-2022, 05:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

I always figured water is for fishing and ice is for whisky!
Old 01-24-2022, 02:14 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Well whiskey on ice as i sit and watch my big screen underwater camera and jigfish with the other hand is rather relaxing.
Until the crsppie bite hits. Then rhe warmer upper gets put down as manning a jig pole and 2 rattle wheels can be a chinese fire drill!

Then when the bite is over go warm up the UTV. Oh and turn on the GPS so i can find shore.
Then into the garage. Minnows in my tank. Fish filleted and packed away. And equipment dried out for tomorrows adventure.

JW
Old 01-24-2022, 03:00 PM
Dominant Buck

I had a pretty good day JW even though it was -11 this morning. I took my wheeler about 3 miles off shore and fished a channel between 2 large Islands here on Champlain. The perch were biting and I ended up filling 2 seven gallon buckets with some decent fish. We have over a foot of ice everywhere so I was free to try a couple of spots. I don't know if you have any lake maps but if you load fish smart by Humminbird on your smart phone and then buy the lake maps where you fish you will be amazed. You can save way points and the depth charts are accurate and very detailed. I could bring up the map and target a saved way point and drive right to it with my wheeler.
Old 01-24-2022, 07:56 PM
JW
Super Moderator

I am about to enter the new world of fishing as I'm upgrading to a Helix 9 ice bundle. A solex 12 on my boat and Minnkota spotlock this summer.

I've been using Garmin Map 378 for yrs. Ice fishing. Built in lake maps. I always mark my found hotspots.
Old 01-25-2022, 01:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Sounds like a great game plan JW. The spot lock trolling motor is a real game changer. I went that way last spring and it is amazing. No more stuck anchors and it allows you to fish on days the wind wouldn't allow holding a traditional anchor. The solix is a great finder.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.