Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Bassmasters Lake Champlain Open >

Bassmasters Lake Champlain Open

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Bassmasters Lake Champlain Open

Old 08-04-2018, 01:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Bassmasters Lake Champlain Open

I want to offer my congratulations to a good friend Bryan Labelle who won the Bassmasters 3 day Lake Champlain open tournament today. There were 200 pros including several B.A.S.S. elites along with 200 amateurs from all over the country in this tournament and local favorite Bryan topped them all with a 3 day catch of 58 pounds 10 oz. In addition to a pile of cash he won a fully equipped Nitro bass boat worth $45,000 as first prize. Bryan has to pony up the entry fees to all these tournaments in this case was $1500, I hope he picks up some sponsors now that he won a big one. He is the real deal. I talked with him today and he owes a lot of his success to his Phoenix bass boat. Lake Champlain got real rough during the tournament and the boats ability to run fast in big waves got him more time fishing and less time running. He spent much of the tournament 30 or 40 miles from the launch and many of the pros commented that it was scary especially on day 3 heading back for the weigh in. Bryan has owned several of the well known high end bass boats out there today and he said there is nothing he has ridden in that compares to a Phoenix.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 08-26-2018 at 08:19 AM.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

WOW! Congratulations to the guy. I know how ruff some of our lakes be and can only imagine how Lake Champlain could be like. It would be about like the ocean can get here. I have caught some nice fish on those types of days though with less bites from the smaller fish..
Old 08-26-2018, 08:18 AM
Dominant Buck

On a side note Bryan is still in the winning mode. He won last weekends ABA open held again on Lake Champlain. I guess he has the lake dialed in and won another cool $5000 for his efforts.

Edit: This weekend I think he and a partner fished the Reynolds boat partner series tournament and they won. Not sure how much money but Bryan fished the Champlain series open today and won first with another $ 5K win. The real deal.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 08-26-2018 at 01:52 PM.