Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
How many rods do you use? >

How many rods do you use?

Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

How many rods do you use?

Old 04-09-2017, 03:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default How many rods do you use?

When fishing off a boat, how many rods do you typically take with you (Bass fishing)? I usually take two out with me whether I'm in a tournament or not. I'm thinking more is better, but I'm curious what others do in term of number of rods.
Old 04-09-2017, 04:01 AM
Dominant Buck

When I had my bass boat I always had between 6 and 10 rods all set for different lures and types of fishing. Now that I specialize in pan fishing I normally have 6. Some with jigs, some with bobbers and one 12' long for dobbing. The configuration changes as the season goes along and the fish go deeper. At that time the bobber rods are changed to deep water high low bait rigs.
Old 04-09-2017, 05:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I do most of my fishing from a float tube so I can only carry 1 rod and it is always a 6 ft medium action spinning rod. I do however carry several spools for it with different strengths line so I can go from light to heavy quickly. I don't target anything particular so the different line tests allow me to switch from panfish to bass in cover or even catfish in a matter of a minute or two.
Old 04-09-2017, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like I need more rods

Four sounds like a decent number. I have a six foot medium heavy rod with no reel and I want a 7.5 ' rod medium heavy for plastics, so I guess 2 reels and a another rod will do for now.

Thanks
Old 04-09-2017, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have anywhere from 6- 15 in the boat at any time. Depending on what i want to fish for. Though that includes rods for my wife and kids too.