Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Trout fishing in a lake >

Trout fishing in a lake

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Trout fishing in a lake

Old 06-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Spike

Default Trout fishing in a lake

Every year the town I live in stocks the lake in our town with rainbow trout. They put some big trout in and not many of them are caught. The deepest parts of the lake are around 40 feet deep(where the trout seem to stay). I was wondering if anyone has ever fished for trout in a lake before because I usually fish the streams. I would appreciate any advice on catching them in this type of water. The people that do catch them usually anchor in the deeper parts of the lake, but I do not know what they are using for bait. Helpful advice is welcome.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

What is the main food source in the lake that the trout eat? Can you use live bait or is it off limits? This time of year a small trout fly should work great on them if you have a flyrod. A grasshopper trout fly normally works pretty well on them. Also some small lures like a super duper or a red and white daredevil. The best daredevil is those ones with a copper back if you can find any. Good Luck on catching a few of them. We hope to see a few pics.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:43 AM
Spike

Thanks. I will try it out.