Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Cool Find

Old 05-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Cool Find

Thought some of your may appreciate this. I have more fishing lures than I know what to do with, but almost buy all my equipment at discounted prices from retail. I have done many years of collecting some antique lures, but lately have focused more on modern fishing equipment.

While at a garage sale the other day I purchased many average deals, but got this guy and really think it is cool. Simply because the modern day name of Norman Lures is such a popular crankbait, thought this classic 1950 Bill Norman, with the box, would be cool to show. Simply because of the 'older' quality craftsmanship I know the lure will fish great, but I think this one will stay in the box on my special shelf for cool finds!

Last edited by buckhunter14; 05-29-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:00 AM
Dominant Buck

a super find indeed...and not only are they my favorite cranks but to my knowledge the cheapest...they go down deep easily and offers a wide wobble that the big ones find irrisistable..

Happy in Jesus,
Brother Chuck
Old 05-30-2012, 03:02 AM
Dominant Buck

Double post ..self-deleted...

Last edited by Chuck7; 05-31-2012 at 06:16 AM.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great find, that coloring on the lure is great, congrats on the find
Old 05-31-2012, 04:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the replies guys. I have been really trying to find some information on the history of Bill Norman Lures, but it has been easier said than done. This is definately one of the oldest of his lure styles. It appears they draw very little interest as far as collectible, but with the box, paper, condition, and great color pattern still appears pretty cool!
Old 05-31-2012, 06:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Bass are crazy over Bill Norman lures..Back in my poor days of college I would never buy lures..I'd go around in my jon boat and pull old lures off the trees from shore fishermen..If the lure worked then I would buy them..I found a Bill Norman and was impressed on the straightness of the retrieve and the depth these puppies go..The only flaw I see { In which may be true for other cranks} the paint comes off very easy after a good fight.

Last edited by Chuck7; 05-31-2012 at 06:30 AM.