Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Quick Pics From Today >

Quick Pics From Today

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Quick Pics From Today

Old 05-05-2011, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Quick Pics From Today

Needed a study break today so I hit the water fo an hour. Water temperatures were warming and fish were biting. Now sign of the spawn yet, fish seem to be in prespawn mode still and are in prespawn areas.

Largest bucketmouth on a stickbait for me.

Northern that shwacked a jig on a dropoff.

My new jigging rod / pig stick is a 7' Heavy Quantum Smoke (pictured with the Pike). I lined it with 17 pound flourocarbon and boy it sets the hook and has some incredible backbone.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

Dude, you just went for a quick 1 hr trip and caught those!? I must be doing something wrong! Nice catches!
Old 05-06-2011, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mrl0004
Dude, you just went for a quick 1 hr trip and caught those!? I must be doing something wrong! Nice catches!

Really depends mrl0004.

I had the day open so I was able to "choose" my study break time. Up here our water temps are still in the upper 40s and lower 50s so time of day for the bite is crucial. I'm a big time dawn/dusk fisherman, but right now the best time to be on the water is when the sun hits the west side shoreline and for the next hour, then move to the eastside shoreline for an hour of fishing. The sun warms the water temperature up immediately a few degrees and triggers fish to bite. I fished a night last wek and never had a bite, bite just wasn't on. The is seasonal though as agresion changes when water temps get more stable in the summer.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Fork Horn

Yea I am going to try a new creek this weekend in my kayak for some crappie. The water is still a little murky and high due to all the tornadoes/rain we just had, but I need a fishing break. I've been volunteering helping families that have lost everything and it takes its toll emotionally and physically. I just need some quiet time on the water if nothing else, but some fish will certainly help!