Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Few From This Morning >

Few From This Morning

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Few From This Morning

Old 05-09-2011, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Few From This Morning

Had a few hours to spare this morning and picked up some fathead minnows last night. Setup in one spot I knew the Specks (Crappie) were bedded this morning. Caught a few but they were in very skinny water and did not like the presentation.

Searched for more structure and caught a few others around and about 10 FOW and stumps, docks, etc.

Landed two pike, both under 30", while waiting for the Specks to bite.

Biggest Speck was about 12". All males, which are smaller. The females from this lake average about 12", shouldn't be long til it is on.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Fork Horn

You know, I have had good "crappie" days and bad "crappie" days. More often I have the bad ones. I just don't see how a fish that is present in soooo many numbers are soo hard to find. Or maybe if found, they just have lockjaw. I am fishing new waters up here in North AL and have yet to be able to find them. I found one (let me repeat ONE!) on a fly rod one day, but that's it! I had them pegged pretty good back home, but feel helpless up here. I'm glad you had a good outing, come teach me here!