Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Favorite trailers (spinner baits and jigs) >

Favorite trailers (spinner baits and jigs)

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Favorite trailers (spinner baits and jigs)

Old 03-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default Favorite trailers (spinner baits and jigs)

mine would have to be the powerbait crazy legs chigger craw 4" in a black blue flake
Old 03-22-2010, 04:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have tried the crazy legs chigger craw, but i seem to do better with the regular chigger craw in green pumpkin or watermelon.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:28 AM
Dominant Buck

The ones I sent you Gangly..that is all I use..for the jig trailor..green crawlegs..very sofy..

Spinnerbaits..
1/4 ounce with single or double willow leaf..white..I've been using Terminators as well only because someone I respect alot uses them and does very well.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just bought my first spinner bait, had no clue what i was buying, but after seeing some guys make a killing on the lake this past weekened with them while i was struggling, I figured I better jump on the band wagon or get left behind. I guess people actually put trailers on these as well?
Old 03-22-2010, 12:08 PM
Dominant Buck

I don't ever put trailors on my spinnerbait..if ya want alot of bass..go with 1/8th ounce..

Fish them slow Aaron...just fast enough to keep the blade moving and spinnerbait upright..when you reel fast..it tends to go sideways..1.4 ounce or bigger gets bigger bass and i use 3/8 ounce when hawg hunting only..but the numbers decrease..

My favorite color is white with either some red or black mived in it..I like willow leaf blades best and Indiana blades least..

Most spinnerbaits now are set up with a Tandom setup..
A willow in back with a tiny Indiana or Colorado blade in front...I use that type. I've caught about 100 bass on spinnerbaits..My son Aaron got a 6 1/2 polunder on one.My biggest on a spinnerbait is about 4 pounds...but lots of 2 - 2 1/2 pounders..good tournament lure to cover alot of structure water fast.

I love Strike King spinnerbaits..here is a double willow leaf.

Last edited by Chuck7; 03-22-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:51 PM
Typical Buck

i kindve messed with the whole trailers on spinnerbaits thing last year with some YUM craw bugs and these old powerbait squirmers my dad has.... this year ive already used the crazy legs and ive had much better sucess with those then with the others.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chuck, thats almost identical to the one I just purchased:
Old 03-22-2010, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

what color trailers are you using SDO? Are you pinching off any of the crazy legs before attaching them?
Old 03-22-2010, 04:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Looks alot like a Terminator..good looking bait Aaron..
Old 03-22-2010, 05:11 PM
Typical Buck

On my jigs i normally use a Netbait "Baby Papa Craw" or a Yum "Craw Papa". These seam to do pretty well fo m,e. I have tried the trailer on the spinner bait but i find a that a trailer hook and a skirt that hangs over a little further works best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.