Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Perhaps some early fishing coming up... >

Perhaps some early fishing coming up...

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Perhaps some early fishing coming up...

Old 02-23-2010, 08:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Question Perhaps some early fishing coming up...

This past month has been unseasonably warm up here for some reason and the ice is getting bad in places on several lakes up this way. If things continue like it has been the open water fishing on some of our lakes will be coming early.. However right now the fishing on our frozen bodies of water can be dangerous to say the least... Here is a link to where a big annual derby had to be shut down due to ice conditions..

www.bangordailynews.com/detail/137503.html

It just might be a great season of bass fishing up this way..
Old 02-23-2010, 04:15 PM
Dominant Buck

I hope ya catch 2 big ones this year Phil..how's the moose been? [ -:
Old 02-24-2010, 02:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

I hope I can catch a couple of lunkers as well C7! If the weather holds out like it has been it will be a very active year with the bass fishing..

The moose meat has been great! It has some great flavor and tender.. Hamburger came out good as well with the bacon pieces mixed in. If you was closer I would give you a good feed to try.. To sum it all up it is excellent!!
Old 02-25-2010, 03:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ice or no ice i wish you good luck Phil.

Id trade you a few rainbow for a moose burger ( with cheese & onion or not even) & pay ya tuesday
( hmm does sound good about now)
Old 02-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Spike

Here in NW Massachusetts we have 26-30 inches of ice. No early ice out here unless it gets very warm soon.

Wildbill
Old 02-26-2010, 03:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks Knightia! I only have caught one rainbow before and that was by accident. A guy stocked a private pond with them and they overflowed into a place I fish brook trout for. I was surprized by that one. If I could get a burger out there i surely wouldn't mind..

Wildbill, here we had rain all night last night. We have been cutting around 16 inches of ice in most places but the ice is spotty. Some places you might cut 18 inches and another place it might be 6 inches. It is a strange year for us here. With all the rain we just got it would be hard just getting on the ice without any planks to get out there with.. Temps have been hovering between the mid 30s to the low 40s for quite some time now. They are saying all week this week will be about the same in temps with perhaps a couple of high 40s thrown in there as well..
The western as well as areas abour 75 miles north of me did recieve some large amounts of snow. Nothing here though except for rain..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 02-26-2010 at 03:45 AM.