Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Detecting the Jig Bite? >

Detecting the Jig Bite?

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Detecting the Jig Bite?

Old 10-28-2009, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome Chuck, I cant wait to give them a try.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Dominant Buck

Aaron...what is your last name..? I can have your package ready to go in the mail tomorrow..
C7

Last edited by Chuck7; 10-28-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:54 PM
Dominant Buck

Smile

Hurry up and answer this reply Aaron..handling those jigs made me get the itch..I love the smell of those scented trailors..yep they are crawdad feelers and go perfect with the color of the jig..they should work for ya..
Old 10-29-2009, 01:36 PM
Dominant Buck

The mail has been sent.
C7
Old 10-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you Chuck, I look forward to the chance to give them a whirl. If your return address is not on the label, please PM me your info. Thanks Again Chuck!
Old 10-29-2009, 03:54 PM
Dominant Buck

Yes sir..it's on there .my wife mailed them this morning..These are the only trailors I use..I have a ton of confidence with them..becasue they look real and are soft..shoot..if I was a bass I'd devour themLOL
Old 10-29-2009, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

whats sad is that I've often wondered what the various scents on the baits tasted like with all of the salt and garlic thats left on your fingers after handling them. I might actually be foolish enough to find out, but right now I just don't have the nerves to, haha
Old 10-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow! Finally something I can talk about in here. I will brag just this one time. I really feel that I'm a great jig fisher. I have caught in the upwards of 20 bass in 1 day on jig&pig. My secret to detecting a bite is that I keep my left index finger under my line as I'm pulling up my jig from the bottom. If I feel that tink..tink..tink.. on my finger, I immediately drop my rod tip down as I'm reeling in all my slack and slam them with the hardest hook set I can. Most of my bites come just as I lift the jig off the bottom. My biggest fish have sucked it off the bottom as I was in between "lifts" If I go to "lift" and I feel like nothing is there, I set the hook. I have caught bass in all sizes of jigs. 9lbs 2oz. is my biggest. It was early March on a black and blue jig and black and blue pork rind.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

My only problem with fishing jigs is getting the right leadheads to keep the hook from straightening out.. Fishing jigs can be a blast but like some said it can be a slow way of fishing. It makes for a relaxing day when fish jigheads.. Alot of the time it is just a little tap tap tap.. Sometimes when I am fishing a crawdad jig I will drop a few rocks down so they stur up the bottom of the water. This normally will attract fish as the want to see what is muddying up the water. Hang on because if a fish is around he will be biting quickly.. I have had them swim with it a few times, mostly though it is the tapping that gets them hooked for me..
Old 11-01-2009, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Package recieved, cant wait to try the combo out chuck, lucks great and smells "fishy" thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.