Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

where you guys at?

Old 06-01-2003, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: where you guys at?

It,s a fish eat fish world out there & sounds like some of yall are having good luck

Wallyeyes for dinner!~lucky![:-]

wish i had sum muskys& bass close.
Old 06-02-2003, 06:46 AM
Typical Buck

Greetings!

I just returned from our annual fishing trip to Savant Lake, Ontario.

Fishing was slow, but once the weather changed on Tuesday, boy did the walleyes bite! All in all, a great trip, we had one of the best single days since 1974. Two different parties on two different lakes limiting out. Boy, did we eat well that night.

I also caught the two biggest fish of the week, a 27" walleye and a 34" Northern.

Should have some pics by tonight.

Old 06-02-2003, 10:05 AM

Im off to Northern Manitoba week after next for BIG Pike and nice eater Walleyes!!
Old 06-02-2003, 05:33 PM

Hey I am bummed about fishing this year, I only went Trout fishing a few times. Because I can only get out to fish on Sundays ( I have to work 6 days a week, 9 hours a day[X(]). SO I am happy to get out. But anyways I finally caught my first Walleye of the season it was a huge 6in, but it was a walleye none the less.
Old 06-03-2003, 04:41 AM

Hot weather is setting in here now and the bass fishing is slowing down from what it was a couple of months ago, but the bream are starting to bed. I had a heck of a week in april, in five days I caught bass weighing 5 1/4, 7 1/4, 7 1/2, and 6 3/4. My son caught a six pounder one of those days too, and we had a limit made up of 1 to 3 pounders every day. About three weeks ago we caught 90 something shellcrackers and about 50 bluegill on two different beds too. Its been a great spring for me. I fish more from January til May than the rest of the year. I fish in seven storage reservoirs that belong to the public utility for drinking water storage and the water is very clear and there is just about no structure in them. These lakes are not on streams, the water is all pumped into them from streams nearby. They have never been stocked, but at certain times the fishing can be really good. The bream are alot bigger than what you typically get around here in other ponds and lakes. Bluegill in the 1.5 lb range are not unusual at all. Bream fillets make the best eating of all our fish here in the south in my opinion. I' m going to Missouri tomorrow for a shooting match so I wont be doing much fishing the next couple of weeks. Maybe when I get back I can find some more bream beds. Hope so.
Old 06-03-2003, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

Im in NJ....Fish for stripers in the ocean, largemouth in the lakes, and trout in the rivers. Once or twice a year we go to canada for some bass, walleyes and pike.
Old 06-03-2003, 05:58 PM

I went fishing for lake trout last weekend on Lake Champlain four of us limited out on lake trout 3 to 7 lbs each of the two days had a great time even though the weather was bad both days also did great on the smallmouths and pike I' ll post some pictures when i get them developed