Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 check out this boat resto >

check out this boat resto

Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

check out this boat resto

Old 07-01-2009, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: check out this boat resto

Nice lookin' rig, makes me miss the ol Gambler alot, I wish we wouldve never sold that boat. The upkeep isnt that bad Chuck, not on a new one. The gas mileage is good on a bass boat, and motors are dependable as long as you run it like you should, and Im sure you would, all you do is back it in and turn the key like your car.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:20 AM
Typical Buck

Can't post any pics , sorry
Old 07-01-2009, 11:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

two things (for me anyway) that make a boat a bad purchase

if you use it, you get some value out of it, if you buy it and never use it, it is probably one of the worst things in the world you could buy[&o][:@], chuck we know you'd get your use out of one

if you have to finance it, i hear guys talking about having a note on a boat for 10-15 years, that is crazy (imo)

if you buy one with cash or can pay for it quickly w/o straining your finances and if you can justify it use...if you only want to fish 2-5 times a year hire a guide, boat payments, insurance, and the associated cost dosen't justify it

people say the two happiest days of a boat owners life is the day he buys and the day he sells, i don't like being W/O a boat, i've had a bunch of people tell me how much of a waste buying one is, i have made those people eat those words, although i haven't been holding up my end of the deal lately[:-][&o], but thats changing slowly
Old 07-01-2009, 11:29 AM
Typical Buck

I think a boat is a really good investment, shoot I own 4 boats and I love all of them.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Dominant Buck

Well..I fixed mine..
A.My carb..had grease like in it..I took it apart ...cleaned 2 jets ..Float pin fell out..} -: think I got it right..

B..Runs for 4 minutes and shuts off..after disassembling 5 times..got fed up thinking the float was off..

C. Fed up..buy a new carb..for 220.00

D. Runs for 4 minutes and cuts. off.

E. Maybe the coil???

F. I called a GOOD Nissan shop..they said the coils don't go bad very often ..check fuel pump..

G. YEP..remember when the dealer put metal shavings in my gas tank when he got mad at me..the fuel pump was full of metal shaving hurting the diaphram..I ordered a fuel pump..88.00

H. Should be here any day.

While standing up and hooking up the carb directly from fuel tank I lost my balance and fell out of the boat..I winked at a gator and quickly got back in.LOL

Last edited by Chuck7; 07-12-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

I winked at a gator and quickly got back in.LOL
yeoooww, sounds like some citement
Old 07-13-2009, 06:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Yeah..when I knew I'd lost my balance I thought with in a millasecond..you have 2 choices..

A. Grab the boat but risk dumping the rods, tackle , cell phone and 2 cameras overboard

OR

B. Just go with the flow..and just get your wallet soaked..

I'm so big I left a huge hole in the grass bed I was parked by..the water was up to my neck..and i QUICKLY ..like greased lightning got my butt on the shore...laughing and feeling stupid..