Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Messed up day!

Old 06-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Messed up day!

I decided to take my canoe out for a fishing trip today and what a messed up day it became. First I lugged my canoe into my trout fishing, place mission accomplished.. Tried my luck on the trout but they choose not to bite very good. I caught 1 small one I threw back. Then worked my way upstream and got some decent pics of the place, but that was about it. On my way back downstream I decided to call the wife but my cell phone was missing..[:@] That right there made my day.. As I was working my way back to the truck, ( I was looking for my cell phone all the way back ) I slipped and fell on a stump. I didn't think to much of it. When I got to my truck I had a flat tire. When I was fixing that I felt a sharp pain in my side all of a sudden. So I lifted my shirt to take a look and had a small piece of the stump embedded in the side of my hip. I went ahead and fixed the tire and drove home. every friggen bump I was able to feel.[>:] After getting home I realized that the piece stuck in me wasn't all that bad so I pulled it out. It was a splinter about 1/4 inch thick and about an inch long.. OW! It was great to get that thing out of me.. Now that it is done I am setting back laughing at myself because getting out there and enjoying a little fishing with bad luck and all is still a great day to be out there.. Maybe my next time out the fish will be biting and things will work out more smoothly. Until then enjoy the great out doors.. I will be as soon as I can!
Old 06-16-2009, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Messed up day!

Phil, bad days are tough but they sure make good days all the better.

Hope you next outing goes better. Good luck my friend.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:09 AM
Dominant Buck

WOW..sorry to hear that Jigger..[8D]
Old 06-17-2009, 02:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks buckhunter and C7, I will be out soon enough you can count on that. Besides I will not let a splinter no matter what size it is put me down.. It still is a little soar which can be expected but I can get by with that one.. For as far as that truck tire goes it is time for new ones anyways so i will most likely replace the set of them. the last Time I replaced the tires was when Firestone had a recall on them so i took my ford in and replaced them all.. So I can't realy complain about that much it i just makes a day go sour sort to speak that is all..
Old 06-17-2009, 05:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

hey phil thanks for making me feel better, and i thought i had a bad day saturday[:-]

here was my day

i had to utilize of bunch of items from the book yesterday, second fish of the day i have hooked, rod breaks and the fish gets enough slack to leave the country, then proceed to loose 3 more fish, i broke off another then the wife breaks one off, then it rains, my hands are wet, and whoa la, rod gets yanked out of my hand[:-][&o][:@], the wind is blowing 20 mph and i'm trying to "chase" my rod thru the water with the now almost dead trolling motor, so i watch rod number two leave the scene, to never be seen again (by me anyway) somebody will be happy, oh yea i dredged the area for about an hour, with a deep diving crankbait, did catch a 3 pounder to add to the creel, but he didn't have a rod hooked to him[&o][:-][:@], we didn't get a check[&o] and had a small limit for guntersville, but like the guy on the ice cream commercial says when his wife ask how his day was after a terrible day and he just says "turned out good"...our day still turned out good
we caught a bunch of fish, and saw a pair of bald eagles, and fished with a really good group of people,so it really wasn't that bad, even though i was sick about loosing the rod[&o], i'll be fishing for it soon, maybe i'll get it back[&:]
Old 06-17-2009, 06:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks m.t. I had a nice ugly stick that I bought for the wife once. I decided to take it along fishing for white perch. I put a live bait on it jus in case some thing would hit it. I was using worms on my other rod and looked back just in time to see the wifes rod I was using go sailing over board. I went back the next day and pactically drag the whole lake bottom trying to recover it. I couldn't find it no where. what I used was a steelt ring with what looked like trebble hooks on it without any barbs. Drag the area for quite some time but to no avail..[:@] Needless to say I went out and bought the wife another new rod.[>:] I hope you have better luck getting yours back. I have had the same luck ice fishing with jig sticks. Whooooosh down the hole they go on me when I turn my back. I am getting better at keeping them above ice now that I have had 3 or 4 of them disapear on me..
Old 06-17-2009, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Boy, ya'll both had some stinker days, lol. Sorry to hear about that, but like mentioned above, it makes the good days that much better. Better luck next time guys!