Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

need a tackle box

Old 06-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Typical Buck

Default need a tackle box

i need a new tackle box mine is too small right now i have a plano bag with 5 3600 series boxes but it only holds 4 i was looking at getting a plano 7771 its a little pricey but its huge i mostly fish for bass walleye and crappie and i mostly fish from shore but i will fish on a bass boat during my bass club tourneys i do like the independent organizers but the bags seem too small
Old 06-14-2009, 12:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: need a tackle box

I got a tackle bag..Most fishermen are getting them
and here's why...

It doesn't take as much space on a boat.

Yet..it holds much more tackle..

Tackle doesn't get messed up when flipped over

Mine holds 4 plano plasice organizers...I have about 7 but only put the 4 I will be using that day..
The front pouch holds my camera , pliers and scale
One side pouch holds a plastic spinner bait container..holds 6
The other side pouch holds my worm hooks / sinkers and about 4 packs of rubber baits..

The 4 bigger organizers..
1. Crankbaits
2. Top Water and Horny toads
3. jigs...boat registration...whistle..extra plug...bobbers
4..Rattle traps and more lures
At home..I have Planos biggest ....the 737 ..it holds my spare stuff..extra spools..lures I seldom use ...line...and stuff..

Then in my bedroom I have a pegboard like Walmart that I have back ups of my favorite lures..like Horny Toads.etc..
Old 06-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Typical Buck

its tough i carry alot of plastics usually 8-11 bags and i need the bulk space also i forgot ito mention i cant spend a fortune i need to find some thing that is around $60
Old 06-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a set up like Chuck7 has. It is a plano guide series bag that i got for $50 a few years back, it has 4 plano trays. I could easily get 10+ bags of plastics in my bag right now.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

I currently have around 5 or 6 tackle boxes.. I would have to look for them all to make sure about it. I have 1 that is full of my brook trout and white perch fishing stuff.. I have one that is full of deep lake fishing stuff like trolling spoons leadline and the like. I have another 1 that is for mostly bass fishing with poopers and rapalas along with worms Chuck sent me 2 years ago.. Another one that has saltwater fishing stuff in it for striped bass, makeral, flounder and the like. Then I have one that is used mostly for my flyfishing stuff. Then one for some of my old stuff I do not use anymore.. Then I have my kids helping me loose it in the bottom of a lake or in a bush some wheres.. I have countless of other stuff that is stored on shelves in my garage that I bought from those TV comercials that amounted to mostly junk.. So if one tackle box is to small perhaps picking up another small one to separate your stuff with can be of help..
Old 06-14-2009, 04:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Those bags hold a ton...

Example...one tray holds about 30 crankbaits..more than I would use in a day..and all of my favorites from Minus one ot DEEP divers..high quality stuff.

Tray 2 has only the topwater i have total confidenece in..about 30 of them

Tray 3 has a hand full of my favorite jigs..tubes ..registation..many trailors..2 Johnson Silver Minnows..bobbers...they hold alot..

Tray 4 ..has Rattle Traps and more crankbaits..

The lures I carry in my bag are my serious confidence lures..
my #2 confidence stuff stays at home..

I can carry 6 spinner baits in my spinner bait box..more than I've ever needed..I really only need one...three 1/2 ounce and three1/4 ounceBeside that I carry a Rooster Tail box with 6 Rooster Tails in it. 3/8 ounce

My rubber baits include...a bag of 10 Horny Toads , 12 inch black worms...6 inch Christmas Ttree Worms and 7 inch Christmas Tree..with an assortment of sinkers and quality hooks. The bass have been killing these worms..if it works don't fix it.

All the lures mentioned is plenty for an all day tournament..

Frontpouch..wire cutters, scale , camera , bobbers

I have tons more..and if they don't make my bag in one year..they get sold at a yard sale.I'm not a pack rat.

Now I also have 3 trays for panfish / crappie that I will be switching out this coming Friday as a friend and me will be going after slab bluegills..

The bag holds all you can possibly want..
I probalby try no more than 10 different lures per trip...every trip
1. Horny Toad
2. Rattle trap
3. Rapala
4. spinnerbait 1/2 ounce
5.spinner bait 1/4 ounce
6,Torpedo
7.Small worm...
8.big worm
9.jig
10. fluke or trick worm
11.Rooster Tail

That's it..

Old 06-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

i have
tray 1 for hardbaits -topwaters jerkbaits crankbaits swimbaits
tray 2 misc.-jigs weights spinnerbaits buzzbaits assorted hooks
tray 3 plastics- stuff i dont put back or dont have a bag for also more hooks
tray 4 more misc.-overflow form other boxes snelled hooks, steel leaders,frogs, and bobbers
in the pockets i have a spare spool for spinning reel paper pen hand sanitizer leader material heay weights and all kinds of plastics
i carry it all because i fish from shore so i dont know whats biting if the bass are biting i fish for walleye or crappie i bring multiple rods 2 spinning and a bait caster
Old 06-15-2009, 02:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im in the same predicament. My hard tackle box is getting a little bit too full and I need to expand. Until then, I'm left with only bringing what I think/know will work. First box is for crankbaits/minnows, second box is all jigs, third box is crappie/panfish lures such as roosters, small jig headed grubs, etc. while the fourth box is all soft plastics such as worms, leeches, lizards, etc. I figure that with a box of hard plastics, a box of soft plastics, a box of jigs and a box of panfish lures,that I have the basics covered anywhere I go, or atleast have one lure that will work where ever I may go.Learned the hard way that a pair of pliers isnt good enough. Needle nose pliers, hookclippers, and regular pliers are all neccesary. Best of luck finding a new bag and loading it up. Let me know what you find because Im also lookingfor a new tackle bag.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Mine is similiar...

Benefits..
A, Holds more..
B. you can buy those plastic trays at Walmart..3.88
C. Also , I only posted Cabelas because of the picture but Walmart has very nice ones for less.
D. Can flip over and no harm done.
E. Holds more twice as muchas a tackle boc and much easier to find stuff
F. Small boat..no sweat..you can stuff than anywhere..
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0060415123798a&type=product&cm Cat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntk=Products&QueryText=tackle +bag&sort=all&Go.y=11&_D%3AhasJS=+&amp ;N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&Go.x=13&_DAR GS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form23&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

Old 06-15-2009, 01:10 PM
Typical Buck

i did find a bag at walmart for $25 im not exactly sure wahat it is but it comes with 4 3700 boxes and large pockets

Quick Reply: need a tackle box

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.