Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

fovorite lines?

Old 04-03-2003, 08:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default fovorite lines?

whats your favorite lines? for my light finess lines i used to use stren easy cast in coffee brown 6lb test..worked great..but i found some stren sensor in 4lb for a good bit off but it wasnt leftover from last year so i grabbed it..it worked good for the few trips i got to use it..anyone use it? any problems?? it seems invisible and and cast nice..maybe on the weaker side but i havent really tested it...and for my heavier fishing i love berklys iron silk...i river fish alot..stumps..logs..rocks..you name it i hit it..i nick all other lines and have to cut every 10 casts or so if im using a lure and about every 2 or 3 if im bottom fishing for cats or bass or whatever it may be and it sits in the current and gets chewed up on the bottom...the iron silk i used for the better part of the summer and havent had one nick on it....and ive rarely lost a lure...i usually get the snag out or bring the whole thing in or once or twice i had to snap it because it was just that strong..that 8lb test...cast like a dream and really is strong as iron smooth as silk....so far i really like it...what are some other good lines to try that will fit my fishing you think?? i like what i have so far but i try something diffrent every year just trying to get a bit better gear for that fish of a lifetime...i also used regular stren and stren super tough..both worked pretty nicely for regular mono...that stuff goes on my backup reels...i dont really think i need a super line or braided or anything....or florocarbon..but i just might try some on my trout rods this year..i dont know i have them filled with fresh sensor already.....waht do you think?
Old 04-03-2003, 09:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: fovorite lines?

You must be tired ' cause you' ve been runnin through my mind all day.

Wrong kind of line?

Last year I was using some clear Eagle Claw 15lb test. Nothing fancy, but it was alright. My cousin was using Spiderwire last year and really liked it so I bought some to try. So far it' s cool. It seems really strong and it' s hard to cut through, but other than that it' s too early to tell.

Brandan
Old 04-04-2003, 03:27 AM
Typical Buck

Isaw an article in one of the major fishing mags ( At the Doctors office) and can' t remember which one but it had a list of all the lines and there characteristics listed. It was a few months ago. Anyway I do remember since I us it that Strem origional had better abrasion resistance than Stren Super Tough. Ohh Well. For the most part I use P-Line GREEN. It has very high abrasion resistance You can rub it like sand paper and it still holds up! When all else isn' t available Berkley Tri line. I change out my Pen 550ss Striper reels ten times or more a year so I go through a lot of line, 12 pound for this application.

One Shot One Kill Striper Phil
Old 04-04-2003, 01:57 PM

for my spinning reels I use 6lb P line
For my baitcasting i use 10 stren easy cast
And for my flippin stick I use 17lb Pline green

That setup works great for me.
Old 04-04-2003, 04:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Trout fishing Stream- 4lb Trilene xl or Lake Fishing Trilene 6lb xt
Old 04-04-2003, 08:34 PM

The only kind of fishing I do anymore is striper fishing. I use Trilene Biggame (15 pound) on all my 6500' s with XPS flurocarbon leader with Eagle Claw LO42 hooks.
Old 04-04-2003, 09:04 PM
Fork Horn

I use Berkley XT the green stuff on all my rods every where from 6-30 lb test that' s all I use.
Old 04-05-2003, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

all i put on is fireline. i got 8 pound test fireline on my 2 walleye rods
Old 04-08-2003, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Trilene #4 xl clear.