Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 worst fishing trip in my life >

worst fishing trip in my life

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

worst fishing trip in my life

Old 08-16-2008, 07:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default worst fishing trip in my life

ok yesterday was going good. I got my stand camo painted it looks great pics to come.
Got my bow range set up. first arrow was dead on. for not shooting in a long time i was doing good.

I found out like i figured last year when i got my bow the pro shop guy did not set my 30 yard pin right. it was off about 8 inchs high.

My parents had went fishing and come by and asked if i want it to go back with them.
We get to the spot and about 10 mins into fishing my mom catchs a small catfish.
5 mins late i catch a small yellowbelly catfish.
Well when i was grapping it to take it off the hook. It flopped sidway rammed one horn in the side off my thumb. then rammed the other horn into my middle finger. down to the bone!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY first thought what holy **** that hurts. second thought was i hope i can still go hunting.
IT is and was the worst pain i have ever felt.
And i have had knee surgery ingrown toenails removed.

My hand is wrapped am alot i will not be shooting the bow for atleast a week or two at best.
I am worried to death this will cost me my season.
MY middle finger is num.
The dang doctor at the er had me clean my hand off said that looks bad. told the nurse to give me some pain meds. and some antibiotics. and left the room. never checked to see if i cut any tendes or nerves.

The nurse who was hottold me it would more then likly get infected due to the hot lake water and the fish itself.

and the other day i posted how easy it was to get hurt and lose or season.
[:@][:@][:@][:@]

my sister cut here finger and could not bend it . i guest if that happens i will have a reason to tell people way i am giving them the finger. since it is my middlefinger.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: worst fishing trip in my life

Yea Tim, those friggen spines hurt like hell!! I think they have some kind stuff (not sure what it is) on them that makes them hurt so bad. Getting stuck by a big thorn doesn't hurt nearly as bad as those catfish spines.[:@][>:]
Old 08-16-2008, 07:37 AM

Im really sorry for you, you are starting to use grammar? whats that about?
Old 08-16-2008, 09:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

just trying to make it easyer for you guys to read.
ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

Im really sorry for you, you are starting to use grammar? whats that about?
Old 08-17-2008, 01:19 AM
Typical Buck

I know it hurts like the devil now, but it will wear off in a few days. I've been finned (that's what we call it here) more times than I care to remember. The worst was this past Thrusday, 08-14. I was specifically fishing for catfish and while removing the hook from a small one it stuck into the inside of my hand at the lower joint of my middle finger. It turned red immediately and hurt so bad I had muscle spasms in my left chest. I had to hold my hand (left) up over my head for an hour or so. My middle finger still hurts today, 08-16.

I fished Wed. & Thrusday, 08-6 & 7, and 08-14 & 15th, and was finned several times and none of them hurt like the one on the 14th. I don't know why a catfish hurts so bad, my only guess is because they are primarily bottom feeders and have a slime on them, it's like some kind of poison, and as you know it hurts terribly bad.

As I said, it will pass and you will be able to bow hunt.

dog1
Old 08-17-2008, 08:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

good to hear no one around here had ever seen it go through someone finger. i was worried about it cutting a tendet or nerve.
It is better today i got most of the movement back
ORIGINAL: dog1

I know it hurts like the devil now, but it will wear off in a few days. I've been finned (that's what we call it here) more times than I care to remember. The worst was this past Thrusday, 08-14. I was specifically fishing for catfish and while removing the hook from a small one it stuck into the inside of my hand at the lower joint of my middle finger. It turned red immediately and hurt so bad I had muscle spasms in my left chest. I had to hold my hand (left) up over my head for an hour or so. My middle finger still hurts today, 08-16.

I fished Wed. & Thrusday, 08-6 & 7, and 08-14 & 15th, and was finned several times and none of them hurt like the one on the 14th. I don't know why a catfish hurts so bad, my only guess is because they are primarily bottom feeders and have a slime on them, it's like some kind of poison, and as you know it hurts terribly bad.

As I said, it will pass and you will be able to bow hunt.

dog1