Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

scents

Old 03-09-2003, 06:29 PM

Default scents

What kind of scents do ya' ll use? Also what are your favorite scents? I just started using a new scent my buddy told me about. It called Grandpa' s Juice. I liked it alot. I used it today for the first time, and I caught alot more than everybody else. What do ya' ll think about the spray kind? I have never had much luck with it.
Old 03-10-2003, 05:23 PM

Default RE: scents

IM not sure what kind it was but it was a spray on kind of scent it worked real good when i can find some ill let ya know they name of it.
Old 03-10-2003, 06:02 PM

I use BANG scent in garlic and this year I' m going to try the shad..
Old 03-10-2003, 08:59 PM

I used that stuff again today, and I had a great day fishing. I used the Mystery scent, and I was tearing them up! I can' t wait till spawn comes, and I can really hit em' Good luck to ya' ll this year. I am already fired up.
Old 03-10-2003, 09:02 PM

I like to use WD-40 or Smelly Jelly.
Old 03-11-2003, 06:47 PM

WD-40? I have not heard of that. How do you use it? or are you joking? I used to use smelly jelly, but it is overpriced. I think it is kind of like what I have been using lately.
Old 03-11-2003, 08:56 PM

No, I am not joking. I just spray it on my bait or lure. It puts off a pretty good oil slick. I mainly do sturgeon, salmon, and steelhead fishing. Oh yeah, the smelly jelly can be pretty spendy, but I only buy it when it is on sell and so forth. You might want to check out your regulations, WD-40 is prohibited in some areas. They say it pollutes our water. I disagree. Let' s clean up the commercial pollution and prevent sewer systems from dumping into rivers before we worry about a few fishermen spraying WD-40 on their baits.
Old 03-27-2003, 06:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dr.Juice seems to work on salmon and lakers. The' re all different varieties.
Old 03-27-2003, 09:57 PM
Fork Horn

I' ve never really thought of using scents before, but I think I' ll give them a try now after hearing all the good word on ' em. I' ve a few questions though, how often do you use them? I' m assuming you' re using artificial lures. So do you spray them on every cast or more sparingly? What type of scents do the fish look for, or do they just come to any kind of scent? I' d probly want some for catfish, walleye, carp, and anything else big that puts up a fight. Thanks.

Brandan
Old 03-28-2003, 11:01 AM

I mainly fish bass, and the three best scents generally are Shad, Crawfish, and Garlic. Crawfish is usually used on a full moon, and where there are rocky bottoms. Shad is used when there are lots of bait fish present. No one really knows why Garlic works, but it does. It is a strong scent that just works. I have been using Grandpasjuice, which is a oil based scent that comes in a paste. I have had the most success on Mystery which is a combination of the three, I believe. I don' t really like spray scents because they are messy and don' t last like some of the solid based products. There are a ton of makers of scent. Usually, I use scent when I am having a tough time getting a bite, but lately I have been using it all of the time. Hope that helps some.

Quick Reply: scents

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.