Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Florida Bound

Old 05-28-2008, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Florida Bound

Well, come june 15 I be heading down to fla and visit family and watch teenie boppers on the beach [8D]and do my annual fishing trip with my brother. We're going to be fishing Lake Kissimmee, farm 13 (stick marsh) and the Tamiami Trail and a few other secret locations. I don't know if anyone actually fishes any harder or takes it any serious than us. We will be fishing from 7-10 days from safe light to 12:00a.m. which is the cut off for that day. It can be very fatiquing after about the 4th or 5th day. It is brother against brother with some serious $$$'s riding on it. We wager between us and all fish have to be 14" closed mouth, no net, artifical only, no trolling, 5 rod limit and $2.00 per pound, $10.00 for big bass, a skunk pays double and ect so the bucks can really accumalate by the end of the week. The money is nice but its mostly bragging rights for the entire next year as this is probably the only time I can go. After 2 weeks fishing last year I ended up beating him by 1.12 oz. Sometimes I really think we take it way too serious as we been told this by other family members but we are both so competetive and neither one of us wants too lose to the other. Wish me luck guys, were going to be fishing in some big bass country.

Bobby
Old 05-28-2008, 11:22 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Florida Bound

Have fun man..Gas prices are keeping me local...but local in FLorida always has possibilities.. I plan to do some night fishing this summer to better my odds..
Old 05-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chuck, if its going to be too hot to fish during the day we're going to be doing a lot of night fishin, maybe till daylight, but we'll play it by ear. I've done pretty good using a fire tiger zara spook at night

Bobby
Old 05-29-2008, 01:45 AM
Dominant Buck

Some of the pros around here night fish when they want serious hawgs. The monster monster bass refuse to bite during daylight hours..You simply go to your favorite honey hole at night time and the bass poundage doubles...I've gone about 5 times.
Don't forget your Therma Cell .the gators are muchlessshy after dark. [X(]

I use rubber worms at night as well..and fish mostly points or rock bars.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:30 PM

Chuck, purely out of curiosity, what is a Therma Cell?
Old 05-31-2008, 03:53 AM
Dominant Buck

A Therma Vell is a mosquito repellent device..It operates on a butane cartridge and a little blue mat ..that burns slowly..It keeps mosquitoes away. They can be purchased at almart..

The plasic device is about 8 inches long ...and a butane last about12 hours..the mats last about 3 hours..
THE device cost about 22.00
A box of 3 butanes and 12 mats about 20.00
Not cheap but just about every hunter uses them in Florida.

http://www.mosquitorepellent.com/

Old 05-31-2008, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Therma cells are great! We use ours anytime we go outside for more than a few minutes.
It will clear an area of skeeters and flies in about ten minutes. Once in a while one will come thru but leaves pretty quick.