Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Nebraska Bound!!!!

Old 03-10-2003, 05:33 PM

Default Nebraska Bound!!!!

Just found out I got a permit for the early season in the east unit in Nebraska. I' ll be hunting on private ground about 25 miles west of Columbus. I will be there from April 12 to 15. I have never hunted in Nebraska and would like any help anyone can give on type of terrain and any info that might help. I understand that there are Merriams, Easterns, and hybrids. thanks
Old 03-10-2003, 08:39 PM

Default RE: Nebraska Bound!!!!

Congrats. I don' t know the terrain around Columbus but you are correct that we have a mixture of transplanted Rios, Merriams, Easterns and Hybrids. The turkey population here is growing well so you should have a great time. Most of the turkeys hold along the river ways. I personally hunt some river bottom forest along the Missouri.

Become a forum member at the below NGPC site and post a similar message in the Nebraska Hunting section and I' m sure some locals will give you some additional info.

http://www.ngpc.state.ne.us
Old 03-11-2003, 06:40 AM

The area you are talking about is my home ground. I was born and raised in that area. The land is fairly flat. Small canyons and small rivers with good tree cover in places. Depends on the area west of Columbus. I received a late permit for eastern Nebraska. Will hunt in the southeast corner of the state. Hope this helps [:-]
Old 03-11-2003, 06:40 AM

The area you are talking about is my home ground. I was born and raised in that area. The land is fairly flat. Small canyons and small rivers with good tree cover in places. Depends on the area west of Columbus. I received a late permit for eastern Nebraska. Will hunt in the southeast corner of the state. Hope this helps [:-]
Old 03-11-2003, 07:26 AM
Fork Horn

I just think you shouldn' t even go if you can' t take your ol' cousin, PowDuck, with you. [>:]