Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

porta boat

Old 01-24-2003, 11:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default porta boat

This is my first time on the fishing forum, I usually spend my time talking hunting. Anyway, I was flipping chanels tonight and came across Roland Martin fishing in the Amazon area. They were using a foldable boat. Did a search and found Porta bote http://www.porta-bote.com/index.htm This thing looks like it would be great in getting back in some Rocky Mountain lakes. Has anyone seen, used, or heard anything at all about these boats? They can't be bad if guides are using them in the Amazon. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Edited by - bigbulls on 01/25/2003 00:58:45
Old 01-26-2003, 09:05 AM

Default RE: porta boat

I've heard of them, but I don't know anybody that uses them. They sound like they would be good especially if you had to hike back to the water.
Old 02-15-2003, 03:51 PM

Default RE: porta boat

I' ve seen them at sports shows. Also read a lot about them on an RV forum. I think they would be tough to pack in as they seem more for carrying on an RV or car. There were both good and bad reports on the forum. A couple compalined of leaks, but who knows how those were treated?

I would be inclined to look at a small, but top brand inflatable. We carried an Achilles on out sailboat as a dinghy and it worked well. A lot less expensive than a Zodiac. Inflatables can be tough to row in a wind.