Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Porta potty bow hunt >

Porta potty bow hunt

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Porta potty bow hunt

Old 09-28-2003, 06:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Porta potty bow hunt

Hey ,A guy I know owns a place that deals in porta pottys. He brought me one of there pottys that is being retired. he said hey I thought of you,they make good weather proof ground blinds. He cut out some shooting windows for me. I painted it camo. It was already solid green.Then he took it to a spot for me with his forklift. How about that? A blind and a place to relieve myself. Let the thieves try and carry that off. The first deer I shoot out of it will be named the poop shoot deer.
Old 09-28-2003, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Porta potty bow hunt

One of the guys at my former club set up an outhouse shot at one of our 3D shoots one time. It won the favorite shot of the day award.

Never thought of using a porta potty for a blind though. Talk about needing scent elimination!! [&:]
Old 09-28-2003, 07:14 AM

lol, cardeer I actually have heard of several people doing such with old pissers. There is a place in Memphis, TN that sells their old units (I believe they are " Johnny on the spot" ) and from what I understand, several have been sold to deerhunters for just such purposes as you described. While the regular unit would be a lil cramped for most hunters, they have a bigger unit that originally had a regular " sitdown" toilet as well as a standup urinal mounted on the wall beside and in front of the " sitter" I think they are about 4' x6' in width and depth with as much as 7' of headroom. Theres are also units that are bigger and are preferred by those who have " done that rodeo before" lmao. I have seen " 2 man" units at various functions and think they would make a great " multi hunter blind" as they are essentially two of the above mentioned units bolted together with the shared wall removed. With a lil ingenuity and some tubing, a tower " pisser" could be just what the doctor ordered and would cost less than $100. Sounds like a plan to me when you see what are essentially the same thing (aka " The Blynd" ) being built and marketed to hunters for hundreds and even thousands of dollars. (And for those who were wondering, all the holding tanks and " bathroom hardware" are removed and the entire unit is steam and chemically cleaned before sale. So you shouldnt have any problems with " odiferous pursuits of game animals" lol) Tell me deer hunters arent NUTS! Whoelse would come up with a way to kill something from a crapper while 20' off the ground?

Imagine explainin that despite killin that 12 pointer, your day was spent " in the crapper" !!!
RA
Old 09-28-2003, 09:42 AM

I could not bring myself to hunt out of a porta potty,,I' m sorry[]
It smacks of " redneckedness" [X(]
I' m willing to bet you can find a T-shirt with something like this on it.
Old 09-28-2003, 10:39 AM

And if there isn' t a t-shirt yet, by god there will be!
Old 09-28-2003, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pictures please