Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Color

Old 07-16-2007, 10:50 PM

Default Color

I just had a question about color when bass fishing. How does color have an effect on fishing? When would you want to use light or dark colors on a bait? Also does weather and seasons have an impact? I would appreciate all posts.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Color

check out this post it may get you pointed in the right direction, BTW, that is a huge question to answer

http://www.bassresource.com/beginner/color_fishing.html

oh yea!!! welcome to the forums

on plastic worms and lizard, i go with clear/translucent baits in clear water, and bright and dark colors for dirty or staind water, crankbaits and spinnerbaits i like to "match the hatch", bream and shad patterns are popular here, jigs i go with crawfish colors black/blue, greens, and red and oranges

hope that helps some, but that is a huge question
Old 07-19-2007, 12:07 PM

I pretty much follow the same advice as m.t.hands. More natural colors like watermelon and watermelon red for clearer water, and then start going to red bug, plum, black neon, black/blue for stained to muddy water.

Old 07-21-2007, 09:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

I do not know about bass, but most fresh water fish that I normally fish for as a rule of thumb... Silver spinning blades for dark water, copper blades for clear water... Dark lures on dark days and light lures on light days.. At least that is the way I was told to use on most fish..