Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Trout(trot) Line Storage?? >

Trout(trot) Line Storage??

Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Trout(trot) Line Storage??

Old 03-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Trout(trot) Line Storage??

Anyone else here use troutlines? How do you store them? I cant think of a good way to store mine, I have a couple short 25' ones that are pretty simple to store but my larger ones which are around 100'(50 hooks) are a bit more tricky. Right now I just have it coiled up in a box and its a bit of a pain to try and untangle it and bait and everything else so im turning to ya'll, anyone know a better way? Thanks, Sean
Old 03-09-2007, 08:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Trout(trot) Line Storage??

i use arectangular piece of styrofoam to wrap the trot line around. i wrap the lines lengthways and as i come to the hooks, i wrap them the opposite direction and stick the hook into the edge of the foam. just unwind and bait as you let it out. the hooks are protected and so are your fingers and hands. i used the side of a busted ice chest to make several of the carriers. and an oldfoam minnow bucket holds your yo-yos just as well. just line them around the edge of the bucket, sticking the hooks into the top and letting the bodies lay in the bucket. good luck with your fishing-bill