Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Fishing rods

Old 03-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default Fishing rods

Ive went through so many fishing rods in the past decade than most people have even touched. I usually buy my rods from wal-mart and are usualy snapped in two by the end of the year. I thought I would be saveing money by just buying inexpensive rods and I now know it is the other way around. What is a good all round bass rod? I use lipless crank baits alot around here and slow role spinner baits.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Fishing rods

I buy mine from Walmart and they have served me well...

Lightning Rod. I only had one break and I had a tackle shop send fo rme a new one for free. Down here in Florida Walmart also carrys All Star and Team Diawa rods...they are certainly not cheap rods. 70.-90.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:36 PM
Fork Horn

I LIke St Croix rods. Their Triumph fiberglass rods for crankbaits are awesome. Another great rod is the Tourney Special from BPS. In fact, I've foundany of the BPS brand rods to be excellent buys for the money you spend. I have an Extreme XPS spinning rod and love it for working large plastics and spinners. I think my nextcasting rod will probably be a 7' MH Bionic Blade XPS. I like longer rods. They absorb more pressure from the fish and protect my line so I can use lighter line weights for better presentations. At $80 it's a great investment.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

the ol' standby called the uglystick! Or you could get an Okuma Solaris. We are using those two rods for ocean pier fishing down here and we catch everything between just under a pound all the way up to a liitle over 100 pounds.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

you need to go to a sporting goods store and test it out, to see the way you like it
Old 03-04-2007, 12:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

If ur doing ur shoppin at wally world I would definantely check out the ugly stick lite series of poles i have a few and have no complaints at all on them? Sensitive action but really tough poles!
Old 03-04-2007, 02:56 AM
Dominant Buck

I agree ...I love my Ugly Stick light for crappie...One of these days I may break down and buy an 83.00 All Star..They really feel nice to me. Also//I bought one of Walmart's Bionix Berkley rods...I love that rod.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

the bionix is a great rod as well as the lightnng rods for the money but i like to use st. croix, key largos, or custom rods for my personal preference hey if any one is interested a local rod builder who does great work had some customs 50% off of $274 which is 137 and a heck of a deal
Old 03-04-2007, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like Ugly Stiks and Red Rhinos. I need my rods to take a lot of abuse as I rarely fish right off the road, usually have to portage, and anyone's who done that knows that's where things can be broken.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:04 AM
Typical Buck

Our Wally world dosnt have that good of a selection but they do have a couple Ugly stix which I do have rigs for crappie and other panfish or catfish that are outfitted with ugly stix that I have been happy with. I will check out some of the brands you guys mentioned at my local Gander Mountain, just wanted to make sure I wasnt going to spend alot of money on junk.Thanks for your help!

Quick Reply: Fishing rods

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.