Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Power Pro Question

Old 07-15-2006, 06:00 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Power Pro Question

The next weekend is suppoed to be the best weekend for fishing in July. I was thinking about trying some Power Pro. It's a little expensive so I haev some questions if you don't mind..
I'm thankking you in advance,

1. Can I bump aworm with it on a spinning reel.? I know most lines kink up when worming on spinning reels.

2. Does it change colors like most braids do after long use?

3. How does it cast as far as distance on

A. Spinning reels open faced ?
B. Baitcasters?

c7
Old 07-15-2006, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Power Pro Question

bump a worm.. definetly most sensetive stuff you will ever have
after long use yes it does change colors but no where near as fast as other braids
cast a mile
spinning reels it works great on them
baitcasters can backlash a lil easy but all you have to do is thumb it a lil bit more and dont get a big fish so it wont dig into the reel
Old 07-15-2006, 08:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Brent..
I was thinking of putting it on an old spinning reel. Next weekend is supposed ot be the best weekend of July.I'm off still on vacation and plan to fish hard. Fri- Mon. There is alot of hydrilla in our lakes for rome reason so I want to up date from 10 pound trilene to Power Pro probably 20 pound test. I've got Stren Braid on one of my baitcasters but was not impressed at all what it did in the saltwater flats. It snapped like thread. Probably teeth cut it.
I'll get sopme today.Thanks for the heads up . I've got Fireline but I don't like the stuff. YOu have to fish with what you have ultimate confidence in. I don't trust trilene 10 pound in hydrilla with a green fish over 3 pounds.
c7
Old 07-15-2006, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

no problem we have seen 60 lb cobia landed on this stuff and seen bluefish not able to cut it
Old 07-15-2006, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've got a half a package of it you can have if you want. its 12/60, and I just dont like the stuff as much as I do yo zuri hybrid. The only thing I'm going to use it on is my carolina rig rod.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:21 PM
Dominant Buck

and I just dont like the stuff Josh

And why don't you like it Josh.??
Old 07-15-2006, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

he siad as much as yo suri hybrid which is a good line look man go get some 50 pound power pro like 12 pound diameter and super tuff but yo zuri does make a good line and to each there own
Old 07-15-2006, 11:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont like how it digs into the spool, if you cast it too hard with a heavy weight lure, it will dig in. It will loose color. I've broken 2 rods setting the hook. I just prefer mono for most techniques.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:32 PM
Dominant Buck

Well Josh,
I took your advice.Most braids are like that though. I do have one though that doesn't bite down into th espool so far and cast decent. I wasn't impressed with saltwater but in fresh water..not bad. fact I like it better than Spiderwire.

Stren Superbraid.

Stren Super Braid Line Lo-Vis Green

It seems like every line manufacturer is jumping on the super braid bandwagon these days but when a company with as big a name as Stren comes out with a new product it makes you pay attention. The Stren Super Braid is an extremely small diameter, round braid that keeps its round shape and smooth handling characteristics even through continual use. Stren uses its proprietary Advanced MicroBond Technology that results in an extremely smooth braid that casts very well, ties strong knots easily, and handles well. Stren Super Braid resists fading and fraying; finally a super braid that warrants the name Stren!

Old 07-17-2006, 03:41 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I use the power pro for C-rigging and flipping/pitching. I haven't used it on a spinning reel but like it on the baitcasters. I haven't had any trouble with it biting down into the reel. I really like it. It will turn to a very dull green in a short time. What I use it for it really doesn't matter what color it is. Braid is much stronger than mono but much less abrasion resistant. I would guess that is why you had trouble in the salt water with it Chuck, shells and that sort of thing would cut it. Same thing when fishing rocks with the braid, check it often, the rocks cut it up bad.

Quick Reply: Power Pro Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.