Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 HELP WITH CARP FOR MY LITTLE BOY... >

HELP WITH CARP FOR MY LITTLE BOY...

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

HELP WITH CARP FOR MY LITTLE BOY...

Old 06-14-2006, 08:31 PM

Default HELP WITH CARP FOR MY LITTLE BOY...

HELLO FELLOWS,

I HAVE A SMALL STAND OF WATER IN MY TOWN WHICH USE TO BE A RIVER BEAD, THEY ARE CARP EVERY WHERE YOU LOOK BUT THEY WILL NOT BITE ANYTHING I HAVE TRIED????? I HAVE USED REDWORMS NIGHTCRAWLERS, CORN EVERY DIFFERENT TYPE OF DOUGH BALL I KNEW HOW TO MAKE. ANYONE THAT HAS AN IDEA MY LITTLE BOY THANKS YOU HE LOVES TO CATCH FISH AND THESE WILL GIVE HIM A GREAT FIGHT.....

THANKS , CHRIS
Old 06-14-2006, 08:55 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: HELP WITH CARP FOR MY LITTLE BOY...

Free Carp Bait Recipes
Submit Yours!

CARP GO CRAZY!

Ok, here we go. You want to make carp go crazy in the summer? This recipe has worked on every body of water I have ever fished on. I usually save this for the spots where I have seen a big carp, because it is a little time consuming.
Take a package of cherry Kool-Aid, and cherry Jello. Make the Jello just like the directions say. Add the cherry Kool-Aid to the Jello mix. Now comes the most important step. Add a couple spoonfuls of vanilla extract (the more the merrier).
Put this mixture in the refrigerator for several hours until it looks like Jello should. Cut the finished Jello into square chunks about the size of a quarter. Go to your hardware store and buy a piece of black mesh screen(like what you put in your house windows. This is very inexpensive and 1 piece can last for several years. Then cut a circle from the mesh about 2 inches in diameter. Stick the jello in the center and cover it with the sides. Take a piece of fishing line and sew the sides of the net together. You should get a nice ball of Jello.
Stick your hook through the center and HOLD ON!!!!! I have tried several of the carp formulas and this one is by far the best. I learned the hard way when by buddy out fished me 20 to 2 standing right next to me!
Bryant Fritz, Schaumburg, IL

Old 06-14-2006, 11:33 PM

Try crayfish fished on the bottom with a weighted sinker....
Old 06-15-2006, 04:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Daniel__

carp wont touch crayfish or crawfish, carp are pretty much a vegetarian specie but they will eat insects and the occassional night crawler.

Ive found my best luck for carp on an insect dough bait made up of Bee jay catfish bait with crickets, meal worm and night crawlers mixed into it. also if you want to get a carp to bite the easiest way is to get them in a feeding frenzy by using cheap dry cat food as chum. if theres tons like you said where you fish it will be a snap to get them in a frenzy with dry cat food.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:49 PM

ORIGINAL: HighDesertWolf

carp wont touch crayfish or crawfish, carp are pretty much a vegetarian specie but they will eat insects and the occassional night crawler.

Ive found my best luck for carp on an insect dough bait made up of Bee jay catfish bait with crickets, meal worm and night crawlers mixed into it. also if you want to get a carp to bite the easiest way is to get them in a feeding frenzy by using cheap dry cat food as chum. if theres tons like you said where you fish it will be a snap to get them in a frenzy with dry cat food.
I have to disagree with carp wont eat crayfish..I caught the biggest carp ever on a large crayfish I fished off the bottom....They crawdad was like 5 inches long...The carp was close to 42 inches long...Caught it below kinzu damn in Pa...
Old 06-17-2006, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HighDesertWolf

I have to disagree with carp wont eat crayfish..I caught the biggest carp ever on a large crayfish I fished off the bottom....They crawdad was like 5 inches long...The carp was close to 42 inches long...Caught it below kinzu damn in Pa...
well there is always that occassional fluke, but I wouldnt recommend crawfish as a good carp bait......

I mean flukes do happen like my 111 lbs spoonbill I caught on 20 lbs tackle with a nightcrawler fishing for channel cats in the Warsaw tributary back in missouri. even after that I dont recommend night crawlers as spoonbill bait LOL.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

they are probly grass carp, even if they arntshoot them with a bow
Old 06-17-2006, 11:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Allseasonhunter7

they are probly grass carp, even if they arntshoot them with a bow

And that's exactly what I did last weekend..

Old 06-18-2006, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

good job keep shooting i go out usually 2-3 times a week