HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How do you rig your worms
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 09:25 PM
RedAllison

Default RE: How do you rig your worms

They aren't much of a bait for Texas riggin (talkin about Senkos)unless you're in really clear water because they don't put off any vibration (unless you put a rattle tube in them or use a rattlin weight). Unweighted is how I use them, and they are DEADLY in the spring but really I am more prone to use "flukes" then than a true senko. Like Josh said, the true "senko style" way is to put an O-ring (rubber or steel) around the middle of the bait and then hook the hook under the O-ring instead of riggin it into the bait. Here again it's a visual bait, but if they are in clear water or if you're in shallow water and they can see the wake it makes ontop or just under the water... HOLD ON!!!

Anyother worms I typically fish them Texas rigged and fish "meatier plastics" Carolina style. The crucial part (besides the braid line so you can feel em "think" about hittin it) is SHARP hooks. I mean so sharp you are afraid to touch them. Once I stick a fish I rarely loose them, it's all about SHARP hooks!

Did I mention SHARP hooks???
RA