Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Night fishing for bass >

Night fishing for bass

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Night fishing for bass

Old 08-15-2005, 12:20 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Night fishing for bass

Friends,

I talked to a man the other day where I fish at. He had recently caught a 10 and a 12. And it was right where I was fishing. I happened to get a 4.7 in the boat Sat. I found out when the y are catching them.....between 9:00 PM -11:00PM this is when the big bruisers are caught in our heavy pressured pits in central Florida. I have gone night fishing before for bass twice. It's a little tough. YOu can't see your line so it's all feel. The action is exciting. I need to get some lights for the boat and hurry before this tournament is over. They were using large worms and catching lots of hogs. That particuliar park closes at 9:00PM but there is prime fishing between 8-9:00 PMI believe I'll give it a try.
Chuck
Old 08-15-2005, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Night fishing for bass

I fished with a guy about 15 yrs ago that used stren clear blue and hung a black light over gunwale. The line literly looks like rope in the water and while tying your lures. You can buy the black lights just for this purpose. Some of my biggest bass have been caught at night during full moon phase and little bit of wind. You really only need 1/2 dozen lures at most for night fishing. Makes for alot less clutter in boat to stumble over.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:23 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks for replying,
I'm going in about 30 minutes. Our local lakes look fished out until right at dark Man! the size of thosee swirls are unbelieveale. We were out last week .We had to go home quick because of the mosquitoes but we had a couple bass actually rock our jon boat good chasing fish. I'm using one of those under the hood lights that have a regular sized light bulb and hooks off the battery. I rigged up a light holder with a small bar clamp. Works great. Also, we have 2 cans of bug spray.
I totally forgot about night fishing. The guys also said like you. 2 to 3 days up to the full moon were best. Well, see ya later. I'm going to bump a worm. I'll be using th e20lb Fireline for sure. I understand at night they can pull the rod right out of your boat if your not careful.
Chuck
Old 08-15-2005, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was just gonna suggest getting a black light. My uncle says it works wonders when catfishing at night. He said it looks like 1/4 inch rope goin out.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:47 PM

Chuck, you don't fish for double digit bass. You "HUNT" for them just like you would a trophy buck. They, like their mature buck cousins, are another animal completely seperate of their smaller brethren. They know the game and know they are vulnerable in shallow water, that is why they ply at night. If you REALLY want to go after them hot and heavy you gotta go in STEALTH mode. Try braided line for jigs/worms and leave the blacklights at home. Carpet everything up (especially under your feet and wherever you lay your rods down) and even turn off your flasher while plying a known area. Ever listen too your transducer when its out of the water? That ticking sound travels like a bass drum under the water and a BIG fish on pressured water will know it represents danger.

I have a tournament this Friday night, probably gonna be my last fishin trip of the year. HUNTIN SEASON IS IN DA AIR!!!
RA

ps
A more comfortable anti-mosquito trick I started using a couple of years ago was to get a long sleeve shirt and zipoff pants/shorts made out of Columbia's "SPF" cloth. It is extremely light and breathable for tremendous comfort in the heat. But once the sun goes down you can roll the sleeves back down, zip the legs back on the shorts and combined with socks, shoes and a "over the shoulder/head" mosquito net, you can fish in total comfort all night without so much as one single bite. The nets are large enough that they fit over your shoulders and head and even have stretch nylon loops that go under your armpits to seal them over your shoulders to prevent bugs from gettin in. Yet it is large and comfortable enough to allow easy moving of your head. Once you are used to it you wont even realize you have it on! The only exposed skin is your hands, a few squirts of Deet and you are "in like flint".
Old 08-16-2005, 04:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Men,
You folks are awesome. I will remember all that was spoken.
Chuck
Old 08-16-2005, 12:05 PM

I can't believe I forgot my "bestest trick" for keepin "moskeeters" off you hands. Take a couple of bandaids or even a single "patch bandaid" and put it on the back of your hand. Shoot it a couple of times with Deet or Permanone or one of the other commercial "heavy duty bug repellents" and you wont have to worry about that stuff washing off your hands, getting on everything your touch or having to reapply it every hour or so from having sweat it off.

The state bird in TN is the mosquito, I don't think those are mosquitos that you are dealing with in Fla Chuck, they are Terradactyls!!!!
RA
Old 08-16-2005, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

try...pop plugs
Old 08-18-2005, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

I have tryed fishing at night but I didn't do any good.

I gues I wasn't holding my mouth right LoL
Old 08-18-2005, 03:54 PM
Dominant Buck

I have only tried 6 times. Twice was very good 4 times I got no hits at all. I guess it all depends. I believe if you can find them they are more apt to bite.
Chuck

Quick Reply: Night fishing for bass

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.