HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Night fishing for bass
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2005, 10:47 PM
RedAllison

Default RE: Night fishing for bass

Chuck, you don't fish for double digit bass. You "HUNT" for them just like you would a trophy buck. They, like their mature buck cousins, are another animal completely seperate of their smaller brethren. They know the game and know they are vulnerable in shallow water, that is why they ply at night. If you REALLY want to go after them hot and heavy you gotta go in STEALTH mode. Try braided line for jigs/worms and leave the blacklights at home. Carpet everything up (especially under your feet and wherever you lay your rods down) and even turn off your flasher while plying a known area. Ever listen too your transducer when its out of the water? That ticking sound travels like a bass drum under the water and a BIG fish on pressured water will know it represents danger.

I have a tournament this Friday night, probably gonna be my last fishin trip of the year. HUNTIN SEASON IS IN DA AIR!!!
RA

ps
A more comfortable anti-mosquito trick I started using a couple of years ago was to get a long sleeve shirt and zipoff pants/shorts made out of Columbia's "SPF" cloth. It is extremely light and breathable for tremendous comfort in the heat. But once the sun goes down you can roll the sleeves back down, zip the legs back on the shorts and combined with socks, shoes and a "over the shoulder/head" mosquito net, you can fish in total comfort all night without so much as one single bite. The nets are large enough that they fit over your shoulders and head and even have stretch nylon loops that go under your armpits to seal them over your shoulders to prevent bugs from gettin in. Yet it is large and comfortable enough to allow easy moving of your head. Once you are used to it you wont even realize you have it on! The only exposed skin is your hands, a few squirts of Deet and you are "in like flint".