Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

lure hunting

Old 06-12-2005, 08:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default lure hunting

any of you guys ever go lure hunting? we had a lake south of us that was drawn down every summer to supply water for a paper mill. when they drew it down into the channels, we would get on our rubber boots or waders and go lure hunting! we found enough to fill several tackle boxes! we would clean them off, keep what we wanted, and sell the others to a bait shop on the lake. i could always imagine someone coming in and buying a bait he had lost on the lake weeks before! sadly, the paper mill has closed, so we are out of a place to hunt, unless we get into scuba diving! but i still find a few along, hanging in trees overhead or on limbs under the water. found a nice one last week, just under the water on a limb. hooks had to be replaced, but lure cleaned up to look like it just came out of the box. it goes into my box! maybe i'll get the fish the other guy was fishing for with it!