Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 the fishing is officially S-L-O-W >

the fishing is officially S-L-O-W

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

the fishing is officially S-L-O-W

Old 05-30-2005, 08:39 PM

Default the fishing is officially S-L-O-W

I'm fresh out of ideas. I've fished deep, shallow, in between, weeds, wood, rocks, gravel, and fished it with everything in my box. They just wont bite. 5 fish in 23 hours fishing on the water. 1 on a Zellamander, 3 on a spinnerbait, and one a tube. All types of different things going on. I think its the spawn, plus Memorial Day traffic and heavy pressure with some off weather. Starting to go mad. Today, i just tied on a spinnerbait going for a reaction bite, probably had over 700 casts with that alone. just trying to cover water and get bites. Anyone else having problems?

slayer

PS-while throwing a senko and a crankbait, a friend caught a sauger and a 5 lb dogfish...great fishin huh?
Old 05-31-2005, 04:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: the fishing is officially S-L-O-W

I'm not sure if you believe the lunar tables ,but it was suppoed to have been somewhat off this weekend.

http://www.texasprimetimes.com/Texas...calendars.html

Check it out.
Chuck
Old 05-31-2005, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

yeah the fishing is definatley slow. i went out sunday and we caught a total of 5 fish. two bass each that were probably about a # or a little more. i caught one tiny bluegill so technically i still outfished him
Old 05-31-2005, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Deer 37,
I think you hit it on the head when you said Heavy Pressure and Off Weather. I live on a small lake and see the same thing starting in March. The weather you have no control over.

Personaly I like to go out about 2 hrs before dark and fish hard till dark. Or - at day break for 2-3 hrs. I stick to spots where I know they hide in heavy cover or break lines during day. The fish normaly get into a feeding pattern that time of day. I keep baits small and slow it way down when its tough.

Those bad boys are there you just gotta get on there feeding pattern, match the hatch with a scaled down presentation. Works for me(most of the time).
Old 05-31-2005, 09:09 AM

It was slow as mollasis on my lake too this last weekend. I never had much luck the week following the full moon. 2 days of catfishing netted 6 fish. Things should pickup by weeks end.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm taking off work on Wednesday to try for a Muskie. I hope things improve by then.