Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Fishing Gear
 Ande vs. Cajun line >

Ande vs. Cajun line

Community
Fishing Gear Besides scouting and collecting sheds we need something to keep us occupied in the off season.

Ande vs. Cajun line

Old 08-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ande vs. Cajun line

Looking for some tips on which to use. Will be used mainly for Chesapeake Bay rockfish and Bluefish. Which kindof line, what poundage? I've used te 20 lb. Cajun and 50 lb. Ande, just curious as to what you'd recommend for a Penn reel/rod...
Old 08-16-2007, 08:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ande vs. Cajun line

I fish for king and spanish macks, flounder and whiting in South Carolina. In my experience with Cajun line everytime the line stretches it tends to have break off after break off afterward. Every reel I have is spooled with Yozuri Hybrid, from 15 to 40lbs. I've left it on reels for years and even though it fades and appears to dry out it's still as tough as when I bought it. I try not to use anything else unless I'm bottom fishing, in which case I don't worry about break offs.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the heads up. We fish for rock and blues predominantly, but flounder are on the menu sometimes. I've tried Cajun but don't know a whole lot about it. Ande is the most popular for stripers up on the Chesapeake Bay, that's why I use it, but don't have much experience w/ other lines.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:27 AM

Cajun is by far the worst line that i have ever used or seen in production. Its is awful. Ande has always been know for saltwater strength and is a great line. You might want to try MCcoy, or triplefish if you want to go with a cheaper line that is quality. The triplefish flourocarbon is one of the best on the market and half the price.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Typical Buck

Stren, thats all ive got to say
Old 08-22-2007, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Guess that's why most of the fishing guides use Ande then huh? I'm not worried about price, I'd rather pay more and have good quality line, whats a roll anyway, cheap compared to loosing that monster fish!
Old 08-22-2007, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Beezer

I fish for king and spanish macks, flounder and whiting in South Carolina. In my experience with Cajun line everytime the line stretches it tends to have break off after break off afterward. Every reel I have is spooled with Yozuri Hybrid, from 15 to 40lbs. I've left it on reels for years and even though it fades and appears to dry out it's still as tough as when I bought it. I try not to use anything else unless I'm bottom fishing, in which case I don't worry about break offs.
What's this Yozuri Hybrid, I'm not familiar...
Old 08-23-2007, 08:57 AM

Coolbrze,
It's good stuff. I have used their 80 lbline on my Offshore reels, and many of the savannah area charters use it as well. Up until about a year and a half ago, I had never heard of it either, but it has a big following where I am at. I have no problem using it.

As far as price. Just depends on how big a spool you buy. I get all my line on the big 1200-2000 yd spools so I tend to pay a bit more. have never really shopped it for just one.

Old 08-25-2007, 06:34 AM
Typical Buck

http://www.yo-zuri.com/Products/ProdLine/Hybrid.htm

This line is super tough and stands up to abuse very well. We fish for king mackeral on the piers and have to worry about them wrapping the pilings and cutting line. Costs a little more, but well worth it when you're trying to hold a 30lb fish off the pilings so you can gaff it.