Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

browning gold opinions

Old 04-08-2005, 08:50 PM
Spike

Default browning gold opinions

i thought about a browning bps for turkey hunting . well i have shot a few friends pumps and a few autoloaders and now i am thinking about a browning gold for turkey any good or bad opinions?
Old 04-08-2005, 09:03 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: browning gold opinions

I love my brownings. But I like them for waterfowl and upland game. I use a beatup 870 for my turkey hunting. I just never found the need for a semi for turkey. I have a gold slug gun I love but in retrospec, I don't need a semi for deer. BPS would be a fine choice for turkey. But you can't have too many semi's either.

I paid 650 for the first gold, and got a nice trade for my 1187 for the second. I just won't pay the 800 dollars they are asking now for the golds.

Old 04-09-2005, 05:31 AM

I have two Gold turkey guns, a 3/12" 12 and a 10 gauge. I love Brownings and they have been flawless performers. I also have a Gold slug gun in 12 gauge and a Gold 20 gauge. You won't be disappointed if you get one.
Old 04-09-2005, 07:21 AM
bigcountry

Only one thing I forgot to mention, I don't like. If you get the classic hunter wood/blue, the action is aluminun and comes matte always. But your barrel is a satin like finish. I never liked the look of it. My gold slug is very nice matte all the way around. One last thing. I don't like how the checkering is on the stock. Take a look at you local store. Most look like they forgot to finish the checkerin were your handgrip is.

Old 04-09-2005, 10:15 PM
Fork Horn

The Gold is a great gun. They are very reliable, have very good quality, and have more features than any other gun in it's class. My 3 1/2" gold has been jamb free for me. The NWTF Gold is ready to rock and roll right out of the box.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:01 PM
Fork Horn

I love mine. I have turkey hunted with it for the last two years and have taken 5 turkeys so far. I have not had any issues thus far.