Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 NEF HANDI RIFLES -- Grouping Problem Solved! >

NEF HANDI RIFLES -- Grouping Problem Solved!

Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

NEF HANDI RIFLES -- Grouping Problem Solved!

Old 03-25-2005, 01:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: NEF HANDI RIFLES -- Grouping Problem Solved!

My Name is James and I am a Handi-Holic. I have eight of these rifles. SO FAR. They sometimes require some tinkering to get them to shoot well. One problem I have heard about is junk and filings in the screw holes that hold the scope base on. Clean the holes out and try it again. Sometimes putting a rubber " O " ring on the stud that holds the forend on helps. This dampens the vibration that sometimes occurs when firing. You also Have to make sure you follow through on the trigger pull. PuLL it way back. If you don't the transfer bar may pop back up and you will get a weak hammer strike. The Handi rifles shoot their best with the lighter per calber bullets. The 223 shoots best with 40-45 grainers. ect. When shooting groups, put the front support close to the hunge and put it in the same place every time. If you reload for them, load to about 90 percent of its potental as they shoot best with lower pressure loads. Also use the slowest powders to keep the pressures lower. The 44 Mag and 45-70 seem to be the most accurate. However when you find its load, the 223 will shoot with the best of the Varmit rifles.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:19 PM

Default RE: NEF HANDI RIFLES -- Grouping Problem Solved!

Thats some good info, thanks.