Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Field and Stream- The 50 Best Guns Ever Made. >

Field and Stream- The 50 Best Guns Ever Made.

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Field and Stream- The 50 Best Guns Ever Made.

Old 02-28-2005, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Field and Stream- The 50 Best Guns Ever Made.

ORIGINAL: Ruger-Redhawk

And last but not least The Remington 710 & 597.Opps that was a slip.
oh man, you really want to start another 12 page thread on the 710 again Ruger??? lets just leave it alone
Old 03-01-2005, 07:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

One thing to remember about the list is that "best" doesn't mean quality (though it should IMO). They seem to make historical significance a factor in some of these guns, thus bumping up some ratings for guns that seem to have a little lower quality than others.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mossy33oak

ORIGINAL: Ruger-Redhawk

And last but not least The Remington 710 & 597.Opps that was a slip.
oh man, you really want to start another 12 page thread on the 710 again Ruger??? lets just leave it alone
Mossy you're right. I stand corrected.If I never see or hear of another 710 it will be to soon.I was just trying to get the board cranked up a notch or two. At least I got one taker you.LOL.
In all seriousness F&S needs to get someone who knows what they are talking about.Some shouldn't be in the top 100 let alone the top 50.Something doesn't sound Kosher.Apparently they put names of guns in a hat and drew them.That's how come the order of them is so screwed up.XP100 come on.Then they leave out a RG(Rohm) and a Arminius.Man they need some serious help.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 03-01-2005, 11:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Winchester Model 21
at position 46.

One of the finest shotguns of all time and its in 46 spot what a joke
Old 03-01-2005, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

OEH I'm still trying to figure how none of the Colts made the list or the Browning Hi Power. The S&W 500.Geez someone was smoking dope or something.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 03-01-2005, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not to go overboard wasting our valuable time on this senseless inaccurate list. I've been dabbling with guns for over 30 years. There is some listed I've never heard of.I sure would like know how they came up with the guns listed and how they were picked in this order.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 03-01-2005, 12:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

OEH I'm still trying to figure how none of the Colts made the list or the Browning Hi Power
I didn't notice them missing but not on purpose. One of the most widely manufactured and successful pistols in the world and not on the list.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

OEH, I thought I overlooked them the first or second time I looked.After looking I'll be darned if I see them.Here the 1911 JM Browning's design and it's left out.Someone's been in the dark for a long time.No mention of the BAR either.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 03-04-2005, 12:38 PM

i dont know about you guys but i see that #1 is a pre '64 gun, i just bought a gun a few month ago, it happens to be model 70, but it is about three years old. now for some reason i just cant bring myself to buy a gun that is 41+ years old, even if "they" say it is number one. whoever they are. i am sure that there are alot of old guns out there that shoot just fine as long as they are cared for. but like i said i would never buy a gun that old if i had a chance to buy a newer one. just my .02
Old 03-04-2005, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I'm not sure I'd put the pre '64 model 70 at the top of the list either, probably not, but as the owner of one I can say it's a pretty decent rifle. The one I've got was made in '59, making it 46 years old. With my handloads it'll shoot sub one inch 100 yard groups with regularity. I think one of the reasons these rifles are generally pretty accurate is because the barrels were cut-rifled, which is something you won't find on production rifles these days.

Speaking of old rifles, I also have a 1891 Mauser that dates back to the 20's or 30's. This was my grandfather's hunting rifle. I use it on a fairly regular basis and reload for it. It's not the best design in the world (the latter Mausers were much better), but the workmanship on this old rifle is better than what you'll find on a lot of the rifles being made today.

Quick Reply: Field and Stream- The 50 Best Guns Ever Made.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.