Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 What gun do you REALLY love? >

What gun do you REALLY love?

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

What gun do you REALLY love?

Old 12-11-2004, 01:58 PM

Default What gun do you REALLY love?

Sort of like the 'which gun' question in the other forum, but based entirely on emotion and personal experience. What's the favorite gun you have (or used to have) in your cabinet?

I got my .270 Win in Rem Model 700 Stainless Synthetic the Christmas I was 12 years old. My dad had bought a .280 in the same gun the year before, so it was a present that said 'you're a man just like your dad now, and you get to hunt with the same gun.' That gun has shot almost every deer I've ever killed, and I've only used a second shot on one deer in my life. It's got a great Pentax scope on top that let me shoot my best buck ever in the last seconds of shooting light a couple years ago in Alabama, and it's got the power to knock the last three bucks I've shot down in their tracks. Like a bolt of lightning.

I got a .300 Win Mag last year for Christmas so that I'd be prepared for elk hunting, and it's a beautiful, powerful gun - but if my life depended on one shot, I'd put that .270 to my shoulder without a second thought. I'm going to own and hunt with that gun the rest of my life.
Old 12-11-2004, 03:00 PM

Default RE: What gun do you REALLY love?

What's the favorite gun you have (or used to have) in your cabinet?
My favorites (in order) are:

Ruger 77RLS, 358Win. carbine
Remington 700 LSS Mountain Rifle, 270Win.
Ruger 77RSI, 308Win.
Old 12-11-2004, 03:17 PM
Fork Horn

Marlin 30AW .30-.30 ( Christmas gift from my father, I was 12yrs old)
Marlin model 60 .22LR (another gift from my father)
Iver Jonson 20ga single shot (yet another from my father)

I have bought and sold tons of rifles over the years, but these 3 mean the world to me.
Old 12-11-2004, 05:29 PM

In the big picture, I really love Husqvarna rifles. Specifically, for Christmas in 1975, my brother gave me a Carl Gustaf (made on the Husqvarna patent) in 25-06. It has been a wonderful rifle and has been very successful in taking lots of deer and elk. Even after 29 years, it will shoot a 1/2" 3 shot group. It's like an old friend that you can call on anytime, and that friend will always come through for you. If there is one rifle that I never want to lose, that's it. I hope that my son will treasure it as much as I have.

Of course, I have some others that get some cuddling too.

SD Shooter
Old 12-11-2004, 07:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

I love a lot of them but my old 6.5x55 swede ranks at or near the top.
Old 12-11-2004, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

The only one I have and the only one I need - my Remington 710 .30-06. Gotten 1 deer so far in its first season.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:53 PM

my Rem. 700 lam. in .243 with vari-x III luepold. I love it and if I had to i could pick off squirrels with that thing. (head shots too)
Old 12-11-2004, 09:59 PM

Ferret50 50BMG it really rocks.
Old 12-12-2004, 10:18 AM

Harrington/richardson Ultra rifle in .243. I'm using it, along with a 50$ simmons scope, and I can smash skeet out to 150 yards with no problems. I'm gonna try to get the target scanned I shot today, but it was two shots prolly .25 inches apart, with one out a bit more to make a 1inch group. It shoots amazingly using 13$ winchester powerpoints, and knocked down a nice 8 point about a month ago.
It's cheap, shoots amazing, and I feel I'd be comfortable taking a deer out to 200 yards with it.
Old 12-12-2004, 05:20 PM
DM

Of course, the ones i got from my dad are special, putting that aside, i love my old Krieghoff drilling by far the best!!!!

I wanted one from the time i was 8 or 9 years old, so finally getting the one that i wanted was/ is a dream come true!!!

The fact that i've drug it all over Alaska, and the lower 48 hunting with it, and harvesting all kinds of animials with it, makes it even more special to me!!! Now i wish i had kept a running count over the years!!

Drilling Man

Quick Reply: What gun do you REALLY love?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.