Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Stagarms left handed AR15 Upper >

Stagarms left handed AR15 Upper

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Stagarms left handed AR15 Upper

Old 09-30-2004, 04:07 PM

Default Stagarms left handed AR15 Upper

Hello all,
Ever since the "assault weapon" ban expired, I've been looking at getting a new AR-15 with all the goodies, (ie. evil features.) I had narrowed down my upper to a Bushmaster M4 14.5" preban upper configuration, because it had all the features I was looking for. A 5.56mm chamber, bayonet lug, flash hider, can mount a M203, chrome barrel and chamber.

However, I am left handed and recently stumbled upon Stagarms' website. <www.stagarms.com> (While most people have never heard of Stagarms, they make lower receivers for Rock River Arms.) I found to my surprise that they have upper receivers in LEFT HANDED configurations, with the exact same features as the Bushmaster. And this isn't like the DPMS southpaw (which I also own, great gun by the), which doesn't have a dust cover, and keeps the case deflector on the right side with the forward assist. This upper is purely left handed. My question to you all is, has anyone out there tried this, or seen it first hand? Please let me know if you have, regardless of good or bad experiences. Or if you're left handed like myself and get this, please let me know what you think about it. I don't want to spend $600 on a crappy upper receiver[:@]. After all, the high cost and lack of knowledge are the biggest drawbacks already.

Thanks,
David