Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Quigley Down Under

Old 04-29-2004, 11:27 AM

Default Quigley Down Under

How many of you have a Sharps, or Sharps Replica like the one Tom Selleck used in the movie? I'd love to have one of those, just can't quite seperate myself from all the cash necessary to buy one.

How many of you have one and like it? Is it accurate? Seems to me that Vernier (sp?) Sight would gouge the crap out of your thumb when you shoot that thing.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:46 PM

Default RE: Quigley Down Under

I would love to own an original!!!!!!!!!!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I really don't have alot of desire to shoot a 45-110 however.

I really liked the movie, however.........the rapid fire on the bucket at some 500+ yards was to say the least unrealistic!

Course, I'm not sayin' it didn't happen..............
Old 05-13-2004, 05:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I love the movie and would love one of these guns too!
I am not willing to part with the cash for one yet either though!
Old 05-25-2004, 07:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thought I would like one too. Maybe one day. But I looked at one at Cabela's and didn't really care for the way it fit. It seemed very bulky in the grip up close to the receiver.
And it weighed a ton. I sure wouldn't want to carry this around all day. Makes my Hawken .50 cal feel like a light weight.
Old 06-03-2004, 08:50 AM

I did get to shoot a 50-140 a fellow had a the local range once. Boy did i make an ass out of myself! I was lining up on a 300 yard silhohuette, when I noticed the bubble level was off a bit. With my finger off the trigger, i adjusted the gun by torqing it a bit to the left. Well my finger put a little SIDE pressure on the trigger. BOOM! it caught me off gaurd and tore up a stretch of dirt about 30 feet long at about 250 yards! Whoops!. But that was a nice rifle.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:12 AM
Typical Buck

I work with a guy that has a Sharps 45-120 and he let me shoot it one day. The only thing I was impressed with was the report. I'd be willing to say the it was heard in 3 counties!!lol Other than looking nice, they're not for me. They cost too much, weigh a ton and don't feel good at all.