Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Browning BAR Trigger

Old 03-04-2004, 09:06 PM

Default Browning BAR Trigger

I have a BAR Lightweight Stalker in 308 that shoots great if you can ignore the terrible trigger. Lots of creep, heavy pull, you name it.

Has anyone else run into this on the BAR and how'd you fix it?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions-
Old 03-05-2004, 06:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Browning BAR Trigger

I tell everyone that buys these guns to check a few first for the trigger quality since they do vary. Have the trigger pull weighed ...if more then 5 lbs contact Browning and they will attempt to fix it. This per Browning repair service. I had a particularly lousy trigger on the last one I had and there was nothing I could do about it since it was less than 5 lbs... Too my knowledge there is no one that will work on it either outside of Browning. Just Lean on their customer service and they will probably fix the problem...
Old 03-05-2004, 06:59 AM

I may be wrong .(If I am I am sure someone will correct me...)Browning has the Patent on their triggers .That's why they suck and That is why you can't get after markets .The only fix I have ever found is to take it to a "GOOD" gunsmith and get it stoned to your liking.
Old 03-05-2004, 07:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Swampdog...the trigger is a poor design and is very hard to adjust...if you know someone who adjusts them let me know..I know of only one gunsmith that would touch it
Old 03-05-2004, 08:26 AM

I agree with sending it back to browning. I too have been unable to find anyone to work on them. My sense is the triggers will brake in with time. Mine have gotten noticably better after several hundred rounds.