Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Little known gem

Old 04-11-2018, 07:55 PM
Typical Buck

Default Little known gem

So, a thought hit me the other day for a cheap range toy. You know the type, just something to throw some rounds down range to work on trigger control and recoil management without putting round count on my more expensive pistols. So while looking around for a mid sized pistol, I ran across an ad for a brand new handgun for $269+ $20 shipping. Did a little research since I really don't want to have a bomb in my hand. And I couldn't find a single post online with a bad thing to say about this pistol. All reports were of an accurate, reliable, well balanced, and tough as nails pistol. So I called the guy I use for transfers to ask him if he had any experience with this gun. His exact words were "You won't find a better gun than that for twice the price". He had not only heard of them, he has 3 pistols from that maker including the model I was interested in. The only problem I am going to have I think is if something does happen with it, will be parts. But for just under $300, I don't think I am going to sweat that to awful much. So what is this gem of a pistol you are probably asking by now? It is a Sar Arms K2p. It's basically a CZ polymer frame clone. EAA used to import them but I don't know who does now. Turkish made and this same company manufactures the handguns for the Turkish NATO. The company name is Sarsilmaz but they have an American side for importing now I believe. The gun was listed on www.cdnnsports.com and I think they have a few left. They still list it under EAA Sar Arms K2p.

I haven't taken it for a spin yet, probably won't until Saturday or Sunday but on general feel in the hand and build strength, I feel I got an exceptional deal. It feels great and it comes to point as well, if not a little better, than some of my Sigs. And it's not overly sized so it will conceal well. I just stuck it in my waist band at around 4 o'clock position at around a 15 degree cant and it didn't print at all. Not bad for a double stack. Oh, speaking of double stack, finding a factory mag for this thing only is damn near impossible but those in the know have said that a CZ75b 17 round mag will fit flush and run perfect. Not the 16 though. They said it wouldn't fire feed. And the pre 75B (just the 75) won't work at all. the 75b 19 round will work well too but it does extend the grip. Mec Gar has them for 28 or so.
I'll update this after I have broken it in with a couple hundred rounds but if you are looking for a budget range gun that from what all I have gathered so far is a hell of a gun for the price, give this little gem a look https://www.cdnnsports.com/eaa-sar-k...l#.Ws7YRnobM2w
Old 04-18-2018, 02:14 PM
Typical Buck

Update: Took it for a 150 round spin today. And also found where I can get parts, mags or anything else I need. Sar USA. I guess they got tired of dealing with distributors. Anyway, it functioned flawlessly. Out of the box it was dry as a bone so the other day I cleaned it up and gave it some froggy. I will advertise for frog lube till my dying day. That stuff is absolutely wonderful for any semi or even full autos. So, I had a couple hours to kill today and took it out to the range. Distances were 25 feet for site in which out of the box it was seriously low and a pretty good bit left. Seems that is the norm from what I have seen in online posts so it was expected. So I got it fairly well dialed in and took it out to 35 feet. This has a 3.8" barrel so I didn't figure it would be a fantastic grouper but it did surprise me a bit. So I took it out to 50 feet. Like any barrel, it opens up when hot. But I had it pretty hot and it still stayed in the 8 and in with double tap. The recoil on this pistol is fine in the hand but it will get your trigger finger a bit sore rebounding. As soon as I can get some pics to load up I took some of the targets and the pistol as well. All in all this was the best $300 I've spent in a long time.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

Looking forward to your update. I have a PT111 G2 that performs as well at $200 OTD. I added a laser to the bottom and it's a pretty awesome little gun providing 13 with one in the pipe, that can be carried in the front or back pocket without significant printing on a big man. I use a hollow point 115 I think it is and it will do whatever I need for home defense.

The one thing I will point out is that everyone recognizes "that little red dot they can't brush off!"

With the above quote taken into account, that feature alone will keep you from shooting someone in some % of home invasions. Shooting someone is not what you want to do, it's something you HAVE to do given all other options are gone.

JMO

REM7600
Old 04-18-2018, 05:11 PM
Typical Buck

Rem 7600, My old man taught me the same thing his old man did. If I've pulled a firearm, all other options have already been exhausted. I don't point a firearm to scare someone off. I'm not a police officer. If my firearm leaves the holster, it is being pulled to fire.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:34 AM
Fork Horn

HL,

Ever been at gunpoint or under threat? I have... I'll be the first to act (at least to date).

I have to disagree, a $500K lawsuit or a $200 laser as a first option, you be the judge. Hope you've paid up on the killing or wounding insurance. When I shoot, I shoot to kill. That will bring consequences, guaranteed!

REM7600

PS: I will use the 870 as my first option but in a dead on hurry, a laser sighted handgun is my second choice, preferably .357 or .40
Old 04-19-2018, 08:16 AM
Typical Buck

I think I have this pic thing figured out:

Sar Arms K2p as it came

First target sight in working up 25 feet

Second target at 35 feet still shooting a bit left

Third target at 50, site fully adjusted to left but at 50 feet it still shoots a bit left so I have to compensate.

Final target at 50 feet. All double tap and quick followup

Edit: I am shocked I got that to work. Computers and I do not mix well. As you can see from the targets, I still have a bit of work to do getting used to this pistol but all in all, I feel it is an exceptional buy at the price. I am now looking at a couple of their other offerings, the CM9 which is basically an upgraded K2p with grip modules to customize feel. The K12 Sport which looks like a fun range queen and the P8L If I like the feel of it.

Last edited by hunters_life; 04-19-2018 at 08:36 AM.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:22 AM
Typical Buck

Rem 7600, to answer your question in the shortest manner possible, yes I have and many times unfortunately. And my insurance is all paid up along with our company insurance. I run my dads security and protection services company that he and I built from the ground up.
Old 04-20-2018, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

HL, Fair, I've only been there twice... Never flinch an eye!

REM7600
Old 06-06-2018, 06:23 PM
Typical Buck

Well, it's well over 1000 rounds now. Probably close to 1300. I've been hitting the range pretty hard of late. Been taking the Sig P320c out as well and one of the 1911's was crying out of loneliness so I took her for a few spins as well. A couple weeks back I saw CCI/Blazer Brass 115's for sale at 169 for 1K rounds. Saw most people liked it and it seems to have shot well for them so I gave it a spin. Shoots just as well as that Federal American Eagle stuff and honestly it's a bit cleaner. I didn't run it over a chrony but I think it's a bit slower but it's fine for range use. Shoots very accurately out of both the Sig and the Sar. It actually shoots a bit more accurately out of the Sar than the Fed stuff. So far I have had zero function flaws with the Sar. Just a couple of FTF's due to bad primers not weak strikes. If anything the spring on this thing is a bit on the strong side. Full disassembly on the Sar is a bit of a bear. Having grown up a 1911 and Beretta fan, I was a bit spoiled with simplicity in firing mechanisms. But once you get it all figured out, like pretty much anything, it gets easier. Just for laughs today, I took it out to 70 feet since at the time we had a rare windless day for a couple of hours. And unloaded 2 mags as fast as I could get back on target. 1rst mag was mass, 2nd was head. For 70 feet and pretty high speed, the little Sar impressed me. Couple of close misses, a couple of ear piercings couple of serious headaches, and a good bit of last rights. Mass was all over the place but the bad guy would have been stopped with just about every shot. I took a picture of the target but I am on the desktop, not on the phone where the picture is so I will load that in a few minutes.

Last edited by hunters_life; 06-06-2018 at 06:47 PM.