HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Little known gem
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 06:23 PM
hunters_life
Typical Buck

Well, it's well over 1000 rounds now. Probably close to 1300. I've been hitting the range pretty hard of late. Been taking the Sig P320c out as well and one of the 1911's was crying out of loneliness so I took her for a few spins as well. A couple weeks back I saw CCI/Blazer Brass 115's for sale at 169 for 1K rounds. Saw most people liked it and it seems to have shot well for them so I gave it a spin. Shoots just as well as that Federal American Eagle stuff and honestly it's a bit cleaner. I didn't run it over a chrony but I think it's a bit slower but it's fine for range use. Shoots very accurately out of both the Sig and the Sar. It actually shoots a bit more accurately out of the Sar than the Fed stuff. So far I have had zero function flaws with the Sar. Just a couple of FTF's due to bad primers not weak strikes. If anything the spring on this thing is a bit on the strong side. Full disassembly on the Sar is a bit of a bear. Having grown up a 1911 and Beretta fan, I was a bit spoiled with simplicity in firing mechanisms. But once you get it all figured out, like pretty much anything, it gets easier. Just for laughs today, I took it out to 70 feet since at the time we had a rare windless day for a couple of hours. And unloaded 2 mags as fast as I could get back on target. 1rst mag was mass, 2nd was head. For 70 feet and pretty high speed, the little Sar impressed me. Couple of close misses, a couple of ear piercings couple of serious headaches, and a good bit of last rights. Mass was all over the place but the bad guy would have been stopped with just about every shot. I took a picture of the target but I am on the desktop, not on the phone where the picture is so I will load that in a few minutes.

Last edited by hunters_life; 06-06-2018 at 06:47 PM.