Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Shot my Rem 7mm-08 CDL

Old 11-11-2014, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Shot my Rem 7mm-08 CDL

its gettin close to rifle season so I figured I break out my CDL and put a couple rounds threw it... I figure since I wasn't sure if it was zeroed in because I'm always messing with my scope cross hairs not being level they look level then they don't... Another tread for that... Anyhow the first round was about 4" to left of bull and about 2" low... I normally don't make moves on my scope with out firing at least 2 rounds but I was confident this gun was a shooter and rounds ain't that cheap so I made a 16 click windage adj to right... And fired and hit just to right of bull and still 2" in low so I was liking that..
I figured I'd fire another just to make sure and the next bullet was .5" from second round... So I made a 4 click up elevation and a 3 click left windage and fired a shot and hit my 2" bulls eye... I like my new Remington 7mm-08 CDL!!!
Old 11-12-2014, 10:03 AM
Fork Horn

Three shots and you are ready to hunt. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by handles II
Three shots and you are ready to hunt. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.
Just pulled it out and fired 3 shots while making scope corrections and called it good, huh?! I think he should stick to turkey hunting and stay out of the woods after big game if that's what he calls being prepared for a hunt!!! This sounds similar to the dude that was on here a while back telling of how he was good to go with a couple shots into a pie plate while shooting freehand and couldn't understand why we were talking sighting in and practicing to try and achieve MOA or better groups, LOL! His philosophy was like this member in that the ammo cost way too much to do target shooting and the deer's vitals were much bigger than the plate!!!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 11-12-2014 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-12-2014, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

You ain't worth it jack wagon

Last edited by Mr. Longbeard; 11-12-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Two against one---you lose!!! You should also check and see if that rifle is under the Remington trigger recall for the Model 7 and 700s so you don't have an accidental misfire and kill someone! Happy hunting!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 11-12-2014 at 03:50 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dude your a serious wad!!!
Old 11-13-2014, 03:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm glad you like your CDL. At one time my gun safe was nothing but Remmys. Now, the only ones in there are my old 870 and a 572 BDL 22LR that my dear departed Dad got me many many years ago. IMO the new big green mgmt. has let quality fall by the way side for the sake of supplying cheaper products to the average income buyer for increased profit. They seem to just cut too many corners for me. And from what I hear now that they've bought out Marlin, these once fine lever guns are now junk also.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Mr. Longbeard
Dude your a serious wad!!!
Yep, I'm very serious when it comes to ethical hunting and not just 3 shots and I'm ready to go type baloney! I'm also dead serious in that the 7s and 700s are under a recall for problems with the triggers they went to a few years ago when they replaced the Walker triggers. You might want to check it out on the Remington website if you haven't or don't know of the recall, as they are telling everyone not to use the rifles until they are checked and fixed at the Remington factory.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

The CDL is a nice rifle. I plan on using one for leopard next year. The quality of my newer 700 rifles is just fine. You will always find guys on the internet that will trash certain products at every chance - don't worry about it.

The trigger recall is real. It is only for the smooth trigger models. http://www.remington.com/pages/news-...odelseven.aspx
Old 11-14-2014, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've owned quite a few rifles and I've had my fare share of non shooters... So far my most accurate rifle I own is a Browning A-Bolt Stainless Stalker with BOSS in 7mm Mag... I've always like the CDL but was afraid I'd get another 2" MOA rifle... Thanksgiving day is when I really do my sight in for opening day of rifle season hear in Md... So I'll have a better idea of what I'm dealing with but I'm confident this gun is going to be really close to if not a 1 MOA rifle...

As far ass the haters... Yea I pretty much know there people on these forum that love to beat there drum... I pretty much put them in the category of guys who nobody including there wives give them any respect... So they have to come on forum to get it lol...

I was a 2111 in the USMC for 8 years... Was series high shooter at boot camp and have several range high shooter awards... 12 award expert badges and was on the Marine Corp Intramural shooting team...

So I think I might know how to shoot and I think I might know a little bit about weapons!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.