Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Ar-15?

Old 02-12-2014, 02:09 PM
Spike

Default Ar-15?

So i live in upstate NY and want to buy an AR 15, i believe i can not buy them in stores in NY (but have not checked) and i was wondering if i could go to a neighboring state to by one and bring it back to NY. Can i do that, and is that legal
Old 02-12-2014, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not going to pretend to know for certain, but I do not believe that NY residents are allowed to purchase restricted firearms out of state. I think, in fact, that it's legal for you to buy them in the other states, but you're not allowed to bring them into NY, nor own them there.

There are a few other guys on here that can weigh in, and you might post this in the Guns section to get a little more visibility, but I'm fairly certain that was the last status I had heard for unfortunate new yorkers.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are you sure you cannot buy one in-state? They are legal for hunting (with some restriction such as maximum mag size of 5 or other configuration restraints).
Old 02-14-2014, 06:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default ar 15

No. when you try to buy a ar 15 from another state ,or a long gun , pistol. your state would come up on the list when you fill out the fed paper work.We also have a list posted on what states can or cannot buy from us. Sorry but New York is becoming a anti gun state.