Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Anyone have one???

Old 12-09-2012, 10:49 AM
Spike

Default Anyone have one???

I'm looking at the Browning A-Bolt II Long Range Hunter. Anyone have one or have any experiences with one. I'd greatly appreciate any experiences with one. I'm looking at it in 300 RUM. Am also considering the M-1000 Eclipse.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:46 AM
Fork Horn

Lifeguard,
Sorry! I don't have that specific rifle, however, I do have a Browning A Bolt in 7 Mag. It was a gift from my mother in law back in the 80's. The only issue I ever had is with the stock trigger; not the best in my opinion. But once I replaced the main trigger spring with a Rifle Basix model, my rifle went from very good to great! It wasn't cheap; 20 bucks for an itty bitty spring.

It is one long distance shooter that just loves to hunt!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:56 AM
Spike

Thanks for the reply, that was one of the first things I am planning on doing to it is get a trigger job. I don't know why, but they can never seem to get it right from the factory. $20 is a lot for a spring, but worth it's weight in gold for the difference it can make. Thanks for the input. I do love Brownings
Old 12-11-2012, 07:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Lifeguard I also do not have that specific model but I do own 2 A-bolts. Both are MicroHunters. One in 7-08 and the other in 325 WSM. Both needed trigger jobs and the 7-08 needed a bedding job to get it to shoot to my satisfaction. I like the way they feel and the 60* bolt which is relatively smooth. Not quite as smooth as my Tikka or a Sako but nice.