Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

New carry pistol

Old 02-02-2014, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

357 LCR, it works as a carry gun year round. I can carry my GP-100 in the winter months.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Here are a couple more photos of the Double Tap Pistol:

These photos show the compartment in the grip handle for the additional two rounds. the first shows the practice rubber grip cover. I don't plan on keep ing it on the gun for carry.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by rafsob
Picked up a new .45 ACP the other day:

I haven't shot it yet, been very busy.
Ok so I finally got to the range yesterday and it was a cold, wet nasty day!!! But nothing was going to stop me from getting out and making some noise.

I shot the little monster Double Tap derringer. It kicks harder then any other handgun I ever shot!!!!! I tried my cowboy action rounds and had a hard time trying to get it to fire. It would not! However, when I tried all my other reloads, it shot nicely with no problem. Seems the gun had an issue with the primers I used on the first reloads. They were Winchester primers. The other reloads were CCI or Federal Primers.

Even with reduced reloads it kicked like a Tyrannosaurus Rex!!! But when I put the Hornady Critical Defense rounds in (I will carry it with these rounds), It was very manageable. This really surprised me. These rounds have a 185 gr. FTX style bullet.

I will not have any problems carrying this gun with these rounds and having to shoot it if necessary.

Now to get a good holster for my back pocket!!

Here are a couple more photos of the little monster. The first has the rubber grip cover for training:

the rubber grip help a lot, but can't be used drug carry. The grip is so soft and tacky, that it is too hard to put in and take out of my pocket. Shooting it without the grip isn't so bad because with all the chemicals running through your body at the time of the incident, you will not notice recoil.

Old 03-06-2014, 12:30 PM
Dominant Buck

I have switched around so much. Right now I am carrying a ruger poly 357 and love it. When I can't carry anything but a mouse gun I like my bodyguard 380 or Taurus tcp 380. I keep switching around. Ive carried a Polish Makorav, 709 slim (which is nice to carry), Beretta subcompact 40 (which is kind of bulky), Glock 23 (kind of bulky too), and Colt 38. I now really like my poly 357.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:10 PM
Spike

My first CC pistol was also a PPK/S stainless/wood .380, but it was still a bit large for what I really wanted.. I actually like the lil 9mm shorts, I sure wouldn't want to get hit by any bullet, I don't care if it's a .22 or a S&W 500, as we all know it's all about shot placement, I'd feel comfortable with my little .32 auto against a mall ninja and his .45. But anyways, I definitely went through a. .380 "kick" a while back, on top of the PPK I also had a Beretta Cheetah, SW380 and an a old Star something or other (I can't remember off hand), and though I've sold all but the PPK since, I loved all of them and again, with the right load they weren't something you'd want to stand in front of.

But what I was looking for was something more along the size off beretta bobcat .22/.25, only in .380 or possibly .32. I ended up stumbling across a used Seecamp that was brought into a store while I was looking and I bought it as soon as the paperwork was complete ... It was the .32 auto, 7 rounds, And I'll tell ya I love that little pistol I've carried it basically daily for the better part of 10 years. And it makes the LCP look like a full size 1911 next to it. They make a .380 version as well but it's double the price and only slightly larger. The Seecamp .32 is 13.25 oz's loaded (6+1), 4.25" long, 3.25" high, grip width of .86" , and slide width of .725".

Two others I haven't seen mentioned (I don't think) and that's a NAA bodyguard in .32NAA & .380 (the .32 NAA was modeled after the Seecamp but is "slightly" larger with the .380 even bigger) as well as the NAA .22 revolvers, but those are a different category being .22's I suppose. But I'll tell you that little Seecamp is one of my favorite pistols and aside of my .22lr NAA the smallest and all but undetectable in a pocket... And fits nicely under the seat of a street bike.

Last edited by AlphaOmega; 04-16-2014 at 01:25 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like a hammer less 38