Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Remington Accu-Tip Slugs.....Heads Up !!!! >

Remington Accu-Tip Slugs.....Heads Up !!!!

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Remington Accu-Tip Slugs.....Heads Up !!!!

Old 09-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

very accurate !!!!
Old 09-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Spike

My father uses the Accutip in his 870, its one of the first cantilever barrels I had seen back in the late 80s and really short. Only problem ive seen with the accutips is PoI changes drastically from cold to warm barrel. Ive never encountered this problem with any other sabot slug. Anyone else encountered the same problem with these or other slugs?
Old 09-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

not me and I use the 20ga. 3" in 4 different slug guns
Old 09-03-2012, 05:25 PM
Spike

I havent gotten around to shooting them in my 870 to see if they do the same. Hate to defile my gun with em considering the SSTs shoot so darn good!!
Old 09-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

With the higher velocity of these slugs I would imagine some shotguns might shoot them good but most will not. Velocity vs. rate of twist in the rifling is a key relationship for accuracy.

But if these slugs are a part of a dynamite combination for anyone that's what everyone is always looking for.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:58 AM
Spike

Meijers in SW Michigan has 2-3/4, 20ga, and 12ga on sale, I bought a couple boxes, shelf was full, the local Dunham chain has 12 ga only on the shelf
Old 12-04-2012, 02:30 AM
Fork Horn

Hi,
I purchased 4 boxes of them back in late Oct at Dick's Sporting Goods with no problem! They had lots of them and were actually promoting these NEW ones and selling out what they had of the solid copper sabots.

I have shot mine since sighting in my new Savage 212 .12 gauge slug gun and they shoot very well. I have never shot the copper solid sabots - so I don't have anyhting to compare to.

My hunting buddy has them and shoots them in his Savage 210 .12 guage gun and took an incredible 12 pointer a couple of years ago at well over 100 yrds - and says they were the best sabots ever sold.

I guess only time will tell if the NEW Accu Tip version is better or not. A review that I read states that they are 'suppose' to be superior with flight characteristics, etc. Advertising 'hype?' Maybe...

????
Old 12-04-2012, 06:28 AM
Fork Horn

Ya they have them everywhere around me?? great slug drive tac's with it out of my savage 220...