Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Tikka Hunter/T3 Lite

Old 01-15-2011, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

One thing I'll give Tikka is that they are offered in a wide range of calibers.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really have no personal experence with them, but my dads best freind has one in a 270WSM and he regrets buying it, it doesnt shoot compared to his other rifle, a Kimber Montana in a 270, he is really disappointed in it. Also read what Chuck Hawks has to say about them, he is not paid buy the manufactors to review there products, he tells it like it is. All the gun magazine wrighters are paid by the manufactors, you cant beleive what they write, when was the last time you read a reveiw of a firearm by a nationally sindicated publication that said a rifle wasnt any good? They are promoting guns for a benfit of making a profit, not tell the truth.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by fritz1
Also read what Chuck Hawks has to say about them, he is not paid buy the manufactors to review there products, he tells it like it is.
Yup he's not a fan of tikka at all!! Just something about them I dont like.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by fritz1
...Chuck Hawks has to say about them, he is not paid buy the manufactors to review there products, he tells it like it is...
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! :rolleye001 1::rolleye0 011::rolley e0011::roll eye0011::ro lleye0011:: rolleye0011::rolleye0011 ::rolleye00 11::rolleye 0011::rolle ye0011:
Old 01-30-2011, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tikka T3 ("entry level rifle") someone said?? If you mean the bullet "enters" where you aim consistently shot after shot and the animal drops down, down down. Yeah, I'd agree..... LOL
Tikka T3 is a very accurate rifle made in the factory next to Sako rifles, many of same components (e.g. barrel) and features as Sako rifles with equal accuracy (i.e. sub MOA 3 shots within 1" at 100 yds). You can pay a whole lot more on a "non-entry level rifle" (whatever that means) and not get the accuracy as Tikka T3.
Savage has come a long way on accuracy, too, I read. I don't own one though.
Remington is still fighting the stigma of their 700 which had design flaw that allows a certain % of them to fire without any depression of the trigger (even the designer of the rifle admits).
Ruger historically has been knocked for triggers that weren't smooth, but have very strong actions and Mauser "the claw" extractor for reliable cycling/extracting. I've read that they've improved the trigger in recent years. Decent accuracy. Not up to Tikka standard for accuracy.

Last edited by MinnFinn; 01-30-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:41 PM
Spike

I have two Bennellis, Browning Bar, Browning A-bolt, two bolt action Savages, two Winchesters and a 243 Tikka Lite. It was the last gun I purchased and the most gun I have purchased for the money. All my other guns have been to the gunsmith for at least a trigger job but not the Tikka. Will shoot 3/4 moa with factory ammo and less than 1/2 moa with hand loads. Best action and trigger of any rifle I have. I am at the point in life where I can buy any gun I want and if I were in the market for a rifle it would be a Tikka.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

"I am at the point in life where I can buy any car I want and if I were in the market for a car it would be a Volkswagen."

...............and I believe it too ! LOL

Downsouth got it right !!!
"For what I paid for the Tikka, I'm very happy with it, and plan on keeping it a long time!"
Old 02-03-2011, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

entry level is a term used by those who paid to much for a gun
Old 02-03-2011, 11:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why do "some" have a problem with the phrase "Entry Level" ?

Which implies; that it's not as expensive in comparison to most others.

Nothing more and nothing less.

Relatively easy concept - no ?
Old 02-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

because it sounds like someones implying you bought an inferior rifle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.